Annoying

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

HisBoo Posts: 44
Ex girlfriend ... Text's him at least 4 times a week (thankfully he doesn't write back) Some times doesn't even read them just deletes them Anything he posts on facebook she "Likes" Has had him and her a profile pic several times! O:| He has asked her on several occasions to stop.. And he might as well be talking to a brick wall. He has changed his number and she has still got it (Prob from someone in work as they used to work together and he's still friends with some of them) Any advice ... Can i send her a message a phone call and tell her to please GO AWAY!
Mrs W Posts: 2923
Eh yeah I'd be telling her where to go and defriending on FB if she's at that crap. Whats she texting him for?
Just to try get his attention more then anything ! Hey how are you ! miss you haven't spoken to u in ages! complete bullcrap!! He shows me all the messages so thankfully i don't feel anyway threatened by it!
Ellefun Posts: 1312
I wouldn't want her to know it was getting to me so I wouldn't contact her via FB or otherwise. Your OH is already being upfront with you and you know it is unrequited. It's her problem. Your OH should give her another warning that she needs to stop stalking him via FB and texts. If she doesn't stop he can report her to his mobile provider and see about having her blocked, and contact the Gardaí. It might seem severe but if she won't listen to reason maybe she needs a good scare and reality check.
Mrs W Posts: 2923
I wouldnt be threatened by it but i'd be pissed off with with it! What a cheeky cow
I can't see him going to any of those extreme's ... He knows it bothers me more then it bothers him .. and he show's me what she has to say just to keep my mind at peace! he's a really chilled relaxed guy!... Mister avoid drama of any sorts at all costs! I can't even get him to fight with me lol!! I'd love to just tell her go eff of and get her own life and stop being a obsessed weirdo but i also don't wanna give her the satisfaction of knowing it bothers me O:|
Ellefun Posts: 1312
The Gardaí could be ott but no harm in the hint that he will block her number. I couldn't be doing with a psycho who can't take no for an answer. I'd be bored and embarrassed for her.
highbeam Posts: 2578
Get him to limit what she can see on his page. you can set fb so she can't see any status upadtes or new photos. That would drive me mad but I would probably be the same as Ellefun and not let her know how much it annoys you. Was going to suggest changing his number but he can't keep doing that. Not sure what else you can do about the texting except ask her to stop again.
candlequeen Posts: 991
Ask him to text her and tell her he'd appreciate it if she didn't text him anymore. If she still doesn't stop, just continue to ignore her & she'll soon get tired of not getting an answer. There may be an option to block her number already (without getting the Gardaí involved) depending on what kind of phone he has, I used to have an old Samsung that let me add people's numbers to block lists. But dear God get RID of her off facebook. She's obviously not his friend in real life so I see no reason why he should be giving this woman access to every life update he puts on there. If she's texting him weekly then she's probably watching his page like a hawk. I'd be blocking her tbh but it's up to him. Don't send a message or call her OR contact her, because by the sounds of her she'd be only too delighted if she thought she was upsetting you and causing a rift in your relationship. I wouldn't give her the satisfaction. O-O
Bfp4me2013 Posts: 760