Anomoly Scan (20 weeks) in Coombe

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Marpat Posts: 1784
Hi girls, Just wondering - maybe somebody could clarify. Anybody attending the Coombe private and getting the anomoly scan at 20 weeks - is it always in the evening. I know on my first two boys it was during the day but my sister's last pregnancy last year was some ridiculous time like 6.30. Well I suppose it's not a ridiculous time just bloody inconvenient and will mean going on my own so DH minds the kids at home.
jelly beans Posts: 170
hi Marpat, i had mine last week - it was in the evening - 6.30 too actually (suited me better but then i dont have to worry bout babysitters just yet!!). i had to change that from the original appointment they gave me which was around lunchtime i think, so not definitely evening appointments. they were able to change it for me no problem when i rang. (They had originally given me an appointment for 24 weeks and i was moving it back a couple of weeks.) I got the letter quite quick after my 12 week appointment with the consultant so there was plenty of time to change it. Best of luck!
Ah that is the perfect response Jellybeans. Thank you very much. At least i know they are flexible! m
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I got my 22 week appointment yesterday and it was for 9.25 in the morning so i'm sure they can accommodate you if you ask for an early appointment
Thank you! What date is your scan Ciarella.
[quote="Marpat":1dfmiznv]Thank you! What date is your scan Ciarella.[/quote:1dfmiznv] Mine is mid June and on a monday, really looking forward to it cause we're planning on finding out the sex!
Wild Child Posts: 1694
Hey Marpat I'm Semi private and my appointment is at 4:30 so I'd just ring up and ask to change the time! How are you feeling? Have you had your first appointment yet?
Hi Ciaraella - Yeah I just asked about dates because we are both October babies and i'll be on hols mid june. so just so i can follow up on a good time for me! yes we're finding out the sex too. We did last time. I didn't first time but I always felt it was a boy. The second I saw the scan photo of DS2 he was such a DS1 mini0me I knew it was a boy and the sonographer just confirmed it. This time defo finding out cos I need to start clearing wardrobes so if it's a girl i'll be filling sacks. If it's a boy i need to go through waht I have and what I need. I looked at newborn stuff last night that I have from my first 5 years ago and all i kept thinking was "god they must have shrunk" but they haven't. It's so scary how tiny everything is!! hello wiildchild - how are you doing? Yeah I had the first little scan at 8 weeks but my first official visit where I get bloods and history and another scan is in two weeks time. Of course i've to find the cash to pay his first instalment by then. crap!!
[quote="Marpat":2v08f9sk]I looked at newborn stuff last night that I have from my first 5 years ago and all i kept thinking was "god they must have shrunk" but they haven't. It's so scary how tiny everything is!! [/quote:2v08f9sk] It's mental isn't it? I was looking at the screen during the scan thinking how baby shaped it looked but yet it's still only prune size! It's amazing how early even things like fingers and toes develop.
i know - really by the time our first trimester is over and we still mightn't look pregnant our babies are fully formed and just need the finishing touches over the next two trimesters. Every week when i get a notification from eumom about what's happening that week and what length baba is i get the ruler out and just stare in amazement. have terrible cramps in my tummy today. really bad. can't really stand up. i'm sure it's nothing to worry about but un-nerving all the same.