Another Hospital Bag question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mooky Posts: 1501
Hi Been reading the hospital bag lists on WOL and magicmum and none of them list feeding bottles and formula. I’m planning on breastfeeding anyway, but if it doesn’t work out, do we not need to have bottles/formula etc? thanks
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
No you don't have to bring anything the hospital will provide all you need. At least that's how it was in the Rotunda when I had DD.
Marpat Posts: 1784
Yep - they have little small bottles and separate teets in sterile packaging. I think the little bottles have about 100 mls in them so definitely no need to worry about any of that. I was in the Coombe and they had a choice of the three main formulas to choose from. The hospital shop actually sold these too so when I was nearing the end of the pregnancy I bought a tray of them to avoid figuring out the sterliser and all that in the first week. Very handy.
mooky Posts: 1501
thanks girls.. one less thing to pack!
porshe Posts: 1359
[quote:3hkfvooo]I was in the Coombe and they had a choice of the three main formulas to choose from[/quote:3hkfvooo] Which formula did you go for Marpat
Marpat Posts: 1784
I used SMA gold. I think the others were Aptimel and Cow and Gate. The only reason I used SMA was because it was really the only one I was familiar with. That was nearly 3 years ago and it was in my pre-WOL days so I didn't have the wealth of information I have now!!!!