another mass booklet question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mama Posts: 126
Another mass booklet question - sorry What is the comunion reflection? Does somebody say it outloud or is it just to be read slilently? Do you have do have it? Do most people have it? Once again very confused
Mrs Malefesense Posts: 1440
Communion Reflection is read by a member of the congregation. It's not a standard thing just something to add according to the couples choice
Mrs Malefesense Posts: 1440
Communion Reflection is read by a member of the congregation. It's not a standard thing just something to add according to the couples choice
mama Posts: 126
hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm I just don't know whether to have it or not - are many having it - if so what are yo u having read :thnk
mrs aug 07 Posts: 817
We are having it. My gran is going to read it. This is what we are having Blessing of the Hands These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours, as together you build your future. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow, and tears of joy. These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one. These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
you don't have to have it at all if you don't want. it's used mostly to fill the silence and assist people in their post communion "reflecting"!