another question for those living in dublin

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dita Posts: 960
Just wondering where the best place to park in dublin city centre is for for all day parking don't want to pay a fortune for the day. would rather spend my money on clothes :o)ll haven't done a proper shop since before I was pregnant
Wenty Posts: 238
If you get there early enough - there's some freebie spaces on Stephen's Green (if they're still in action!!) but you have to be there early....If not, I wouldn't recommend parking city centre - rip off - we parked in Stephen's Green/College of Surgeons for about 3/4 hours and it was €15...I'd recommend park n' ride - southside (red cow and get the luas in), or northside (whitehall church and get the bus in!)....Oooooooor you could try Connolly Station - they do all day rates down there!
Asscher Posts: 732
I don't like to use the on street parking as the meters are dear enough and you are worried about the parking running out too. Unfortunately parking in Dublin is expensive. Most places charge around €2.70 an hour. DH said there is a car park on Tara Street that charges about €12 a day. Other than that one of the shopping centres or a park and ride is your best bet.