Menu

another stupid question...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

justforfunsies Posts: 2502
girlies, I had to take today off work because my energy has gone right down to zero, and has been like that since last week. I thought once i got past 12 weeks I should be feeling better, but at the moment EVERYTHING is an effort to do, i'm just so tired all the time. My question is, should i go to the doc? Could it be something to do with my iron levels or something?
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Yes it could be have you had your bloods done? If not you need too and ask what blood type you are....although my iron levels are fine im tired too,Doctor told me too eat more red meat but I don't eat red meat at all so thats out the window!
i'm completely off red meat at the moment, don't really eat it all that much anyway, but its been making me sick so haven't had it at all in the last while. never got bloods done...didn't even know i was supposed to!! thanks for the reply, you're like my little fountain of knowledge!!
You had the mix up with Hospitals didnt you?Sorry I get confused sometimes as you can tell :-8 :-8 Usually on your first appointment you get your bloods done and your history taken,have you had it yet?
Chicken Licken Posts: 873
Girls - don't know if this is coincidence but I have a few glasses of Guinness a week and I feel great for it. When I was at the doc he told me to keep doing what I was doing as I was in fine form and iron levels were spot on. I was anaemic when I was younger so it was always a worry when I got pregnant that I would be lacking in iron. If you can drink the guinness I would recommend it. O-O
thanks chicken licken but don't know if i could, hate the taste of it!! yeah i still haven't got my date for my first hospital appointment, i rang last week and they said i should get it in the post this week, but so far it hasn't arrived. will have to just wait and see. I just hope alll is ok.
what happened my ticker? :eek
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[quote="Chicken Licken":2tidq96q]Girls - don't know if this is coincidence but I have a few glasses of Guinness a week and I feel great for it. [/quote:2tidq96q] [color=indigo:2tidq96q]Oh I couldn't stomack that stuff!!! Fair play to ya!!! My tiredness hasn't moved on at all either!! I'm still waiting for this "blooming period" to arrive!! The doctor told me that some people just carry it all the way through!! I've tried the iron tablets (Galfer) but they just mad me constiptated!! My advise hun is to nap as much as you can, even if you don't sleep, just lye down and chillax as much as you can throughout the day!!![/color:2tidq96q]
thanks christmas b, hopefully though i'll start feeling better soon! just have to keep reminding myself that its all going to be worth it!
I was just in the chemist about the Spatone was about to buy it but the chemist turned me off im afraid to take it now because my bloods are in tomorrow and in case they are fine I might over take :o( and thats just as bad!!! I have a feeling they will be fine but why am I so bloody tired then?? Might try Guinness but it even says that its a myth about the iron in my book :o( O:| O:| so annoying