Ante-Natal Classes ??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Hiya ladies Im looking for some help from some of the mammies to be that are further on than me and the already mammies - Did you find ante-natal classes any good ? Are they totally necessary ? Which would you recommend the one day class or the weekly one for 6/7 nights or whatever ? Totall green on this subject, even though I know the hospital recommends them Thanks in advance for the replys MrsNoc
mad woman Posts: 22106
Go, you may aswell, they do help with some things and give you a better idea of things to come. and no this might sound bad but, if you are still in work you are entitled to paid leave off for them.
Itisasecret Posts: 389
Mrs. Noc, I have my 2nd of 5 this evening. They are at 5.30 in Holles St. which is okay for me but a bit of a pain for DH. I found last week's just ok but it was more about dealing with aches and pains of pregnancy. This week we will get onto the nitty gritty hopefully. It would have been better to pay €120 and get it over on a Sat but I really wanted to go to the hosptital I am attending to get to know their specific policies. Cost is €65. Hubby would have preffered the 1 day but I reminded him it's the least he can do! He is a bit green... can't wait for the video. Oh also we get a look at the labour ward which I am happy about too so at least I have an idea!
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
[quote="MRS Mad Woman":223jr508] , if you are still in work you are entitled to paid leave off for them.[/quote:223jr508] Does this go for DH too? or is it as the discretion of the company for him.
jellybaby Posts: 2316
MrsNoc05, I would go if you can, even to some of them. You'll get to know your hospital's specific policies. We also got a tour of the labour ward, and for some reason, when I went into labour and was brought to the delivery room, it was reassuring to know that it was sort of familiar. Mrs Gobnaith, I found this on the oasis.gov site: [quote:2hjdt5ag]Expectant fathers have a once-off right to paid time off work to attend the two antenatal classes immediately prior to the birth. This entitlement does not extend to every pregnancy while the woman is in employment – it’s just a once-off right only.[/quote:2hjdt5ag]
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Video???? :eek :eek Think I'll be green :hic not to mind hubby
Itisasecret Posts: 389
Yeah Tigletts, Don't forget the popcorn! Hubby really thinks it's like the movies where you lie back grunt once or twice, he holds my handy and pop... we're parents. Hoping d'video makes things a bit..... clearer..... shall we say! :eek
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Oh lordy I'm such a scaredy-cat When we were ttc, I don't think I thought ahead to the part when it has to come out ! As my friend said it's like getting a melon out of a pea-pod :o0
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Thanks girls for the replys - the ones in the evenings would be too much of a rush for both of us (picture the hosp in the middle and me working one hour to the left and hubby working 1 hour to the right and we living about one hour in another direction !! :eek ) I think we might do the one day one and get it over and done with in one go and together. Thanks again for the feedback ladies - as always, ye are to be counted on !!!!! :thnk :thnk
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Thanks for the info jellybaby :thnk Poor dads they really get it stuck to them when it comes to anything to do with babies & kids in general.