Ante-natel classes - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
[quote="30thmay2006":3fesmhwv]any one know if i have to book them for the rotunda hospital? if so can i just ring and put my name down, if you dont want to do them in the hospital (its too awkward for me to go in each week as the parking is a nightmare) can i do them locally in blanchardstown, will i have to pay for them, if i dont do them in the hospital? sorry for all the questions...[/quote:3fesmhwv] I'm doing it with the Rotunda. You'll have to ring them for a date, go to the first class and then they tell you when the rest of them are. I'm not sure if you can do them in Blanch. My first class was about a month ago and the rest will be in Sept/Oct time
soontohave3 Posts: 160
Hi girls, Congratulations Bibikay on your BFP and best wishes for a happy and healthy 9 months. We done a one day course yesterday (privately run by a girl form cuidiu organisation) It was really interesting and just the right length of time 10am to 4pm. She covered labour - the different stages, how to recognise the onset of labour, Positions to help labour progress, pain relief options natural and medicinal. Hospital interventions and explanations of what it involves such as sweeping the membranes, induction, episiotomy etc. Breast feeding, pelvic floor excercises, postnatal depression and a bit for the partners on how they can help and be involved. This suited us much better than a course run over a few weeks. Ps: Lady Di congats on passing your milestone of 23 weeks hope you are keeping well and things are more settled for you. xx
Lady Di Posts: 2487
Thanks Ms Positive, still can't believe it myself! We're doing the one day course as well, sounds good!!
bibikay Posts: 644
Ya know, these little floppy icons really sum up the feeling when you get that BFP, don't they?? :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Ta for good wishes... have done 3 tests now, and all positive... still can't quite believe it! [size=75:2e9muha7]Now, lets try those little fellas again.... :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll[/size:2e9muha7]
NotHere Posts: 10273
Congrats Bibikay!! :thnk :o)ll And thanks for the info...you too ms. positive :thnk
mammybean Posts: 10364
congrats bibikay :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll can i ask what stage you were at when you booked your classes
bibikay Posts: 644
Thanks, Think I was about 20 weeks or so when booking, but nect few c;lasses were full up, so only classes I could do were when I was at 33,34 +35 weeks. I initially thought that this would be way late doing the classes, but about half the ladies in the room were at similar stages as me, and I actually met a couple of them in the labour wards few weeks later. HTH