Menu

Antenatal Classes- Private or Hospital

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Christmasmammy Posts: 120
Hi Ladies Poll says it all really. Any feedback on your choice would be fab :xox
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
For convenience sake we went private. Took a one day course with Playground Earth http://www.playgroundearth.com/antenatal.aspx Found it really good. OH enjoyed it which surprised me as he was nervous at first.
Sydney Bristow Posts: 185
I'd go with hospital. The procedures and policies in each maternity unit are different, and I'd rather get the specific answers for my hospital than general information on maternity care. I also wouldn't like to pay for something that is available free :o0
pinkframe Posts: 628
We had originally signed up for the hospital ones...then changed to a 1 day private one. Neither of us had the time to keep going back to the hospital, we'd have inevitably missed one with work commitments + it would have been stressful trying to make them all. I do think though if you go for a 1 day private one, its vital that you go with a midwife who is preferably from your chosen hospital or at least familiar with their policies etc. I'm attending Holles Street + we did a 1 day course with Margaret Fanagan who is Holles Street's Clinical Midwife Manager. I couldn't recommend her highly enough - she is soooo funny, soooo laid back + we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Was totally centred on Holles Street policies + procedures so we feel so much more prepared now. Hope that helps!
tilsun Posts: 4506
[quote="Sydney Bristow":20t9uc6t]I'd go with hospital. The procedures and policies in each maternity unit are different, and I'd rather get the specific answers for my hospital than general information on maternity care. I also wouldn't like to pay for something that is available free :o0[/quote:20t9uc6t] I did the free hospital ones for these two reasons and was very happy with them. I think a lot of the hospitals also offer private classes too (Rotunda does) so they may suit people as well