Antenatal Classes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SoExcited Posts: 204
Hi Girls, Just a quick question....I'm looking into booking antenatal classes at the moment. I got a list of names from the hospital in Cork, and I rang one of them yesterday, this woman does the classes in her own home, you'll be with about 4 other couples, and its over 2 nights. The cost is €120. Just wondering is this the going rate? Or what's the norm? Been told you'd want to be doing them around the 30 week mark. Thanks, SoExc.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Gosh I got a bit of a shock when I read your post! We are doing a one-day course in Drogheda and the information sent to us said it costs 12 euro (not sure if that's per person or per couple). DH couldn't be belive it was so cheap and actually wondered if it was a typo and they meant 120 euro. However, I don't think so because a coure of 6 classes costs just 3 euro per class (again, not sure if that's per person or per couple). But in any case 120 euros is a lot more! What are the rest of you guys paying?
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
ours are free in the hospital in wexford for a set of 6.
grumpy Posts: 1280
Ours our free with the hospital too (Rotunda).
Janey Mack!! €12! I must check around. Maybe its cause its in her house or something....
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I've seen now that some of the others are getting them free. So 120 sounds like a bit of a rip-off! Is this lady doing them privately or through the hospital? If you book through the hopital I would imagine they should either be free or that the charge should be a nominal one (like 12 euro)! I would say "shop around"!!
Itisasecret Posts: 389
Mine are free in Holles Street too 5 classes over 5 weeks. It's gonna be a pain getting parking but I really want to do them in the hospital to get a feel for their procedures, see the wards etc. etc. I was going to pay for the convenience of getting them over with in 1 day and the prices I got were in and around €120 too. So I think you are Paying for the convenience TBH.........Rip off I know!
Thanks for the replies Girls. I'd say its cause she's doing them privately in her own home. I'll shop around. I've only put our names down so I can cancel them no problem. Sometimes I don't know what I would do without this website!! Thanks again. :thnk
summer daisy Posts: 1336
they are free in Limerick hospital too!! :o)ll 5-6 classes 1 every week..
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Free in WRH too.....3 classes @ 2hrs per week for 3 weeks.