Anti-natal Rotunda

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babybliss Posts: 437
I am due to start the anti-natal classes in two weeks time. Hubby is really keen to join me, but is bit concerned for having to take five Monday mornings off from work. Does anyone know if hubby needs to be there for all of the five classes or if there are only selected few he would benefit from? I will also look into taking a private all day Saturday class instead, but I don’t think this includes the tour of the delivery ward?
jen09 Posts: 1390
Hi there, I did the 5 classes - mine were Monday pm & h2b came to 2 out of 5 classes. He came to 3rd & 5th class. By law your OH is entitled to time off for 2 antinatal classes. To be honest, my h2b didn't need to be there. I just relayed the info to him when I got home. And some girls in class never brought their partner with them & then some girls had partners at every class. Each to their own.
babybliss Posts: 437
Thanks Jen, I remember the MW saying taht hubby's are not required for all of the classes. I'll talk to him tonight and see what he wants to do :)
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I did the antenatal classes in the Rotunda in 2007 and from what I remember DH came to the 1st one and the 2nd last one. I think the first class was all about breathing exercises and massage techniques DH can use. The 2nd last one was all about the labour I think. If you ring the hospital and ask them they will tell you which classes your DH is better off attending. Remember by law he is entitled to paid time off work to attend 2 classes - he can only do this for 1 pregnancy not all.