Anti-natel classes Rotunda

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Yummy Mummy Posts: 138
Hey girls Just wondering if any of you brought your partners/hubbys along for the classes, Starting them this week and wondering will I look like a prat on my own?
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Hi Yummy, I've only been for the first one so far, and DH didn't come with me that time as I didn't think there was much need, it was about nutrition and exercises mainly. The next one is in July and that'll be about the labour so he's defo coming to that one !
mummy bear Posts: 3824
I remember back when i had dd's i only brought dh to labour part and sure i ended up having a emergency c-section!! but yeah as tigletts said think just the labour part is fine.
Tedsters Posts: 1688
DH will be coming along with me he wants to be involved as much as he can. Our classes are in the evenings though so he won't need to take time off work.
mummy bear Posts: 3824
[quote="Tedsters":7xpeyrv1]DH will be coming along with me he wants to be involved as much as he can. Our classes are in the evenings though so he won't need to take time off work.[/quote:7xpeyrv1] thats very handy tedsters are you paying for them privately do you mind me asking?
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Yes have booked private with a mid-wife run class. It all boiled down to location and convenience and timing - classes start at 8pm, easy parking etc.
MotherNature Posts: 317
I had the same concern, hubby couldn't make the first one and I thought I'd look like a spare part on my own. Panic not! The first one isn't really an ante-natal class at all. A big room full of women (and two or three men) get to listen to a physiotherapist, a social worker and a midwife. While you're listening to them talk and practicing your pelivic floor exercises, your hospital appointment cards are being marked up with the date of your next ante-natal. For the remaining classes you'll be broken up into smaller groups and will cover parenting classes too. These remaining classes are going to be five weeks in a row and will bring you up to a few weeks before your EDD. So, for example, if your appointment is this Thursday, then you'll have five Thursdays in a row, ending about three to four weeks before you're due. You can find out in advance what will be covered at each class and decide which ones hubby would most benefit from. TBH I was happy that himself didn't take time off. There weren't that many men there and it was more about how to ensure you sleep comfortably when the bump starts growing, how to do your pelvic floor exercises, what the legal entitlements were for maternity leave, etc. The men won't appreciate hearing the word 'vagina' that frequently either!