Any advice for table layout

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

schnoopsie Posts: 140
Hi, I was reading through another thread about top table layout and where to put divorced parents/partners, etc. when I realised I hadn't even considered this! This would apply to me (both parents remarried) but also my h2b's parents don't speak any English, nor do my family speak German. Do you think it's possible to have a round top table so that we can talk over the table and help with the translations?? Any advice much appreciated!
Mama2 Posts: 1230
I think it depends on your hotel but I'm going to a wedding soon and they are having an oval top table in the centre of the room. It seats 16 people.
schnoopsie Posts: 140
Thanks Jejum, I'm sure I can get something sorted out at the hotel. My only worry is that the wedding is really small (40 people max) so I don't want too many people at the one table (even if it is the top table!) I reckon by the time the Christmas cheer ( and mulled wine) is flowing, there won't be too many language barriers :wv
stockbroking bride Posts: 2642
With just 40 people would you consider having everyone at one or two big table. We were at a wedding last week with about 35 for the dinner and it had a top table and 4 round tables and we were lost in the room. The hotel could have easily put us at a long rectangular table (the trestle tables were in the room) and it would have been much nicer. SBB
baby peanut Posts: 810
We had a round top table at our wedding. It was certainly a lot easier to have a conversation everyone.