any advice please!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bubblybride2010 Posts: 1490
Hi all, your prob sick of another thread related to weight loss, but heres my prob, i cannot seem to shift any weight no matter what i do, what annoys me most is that i eat v healthily and i rarly sit binge eating or eating junk, a typical morning- i have my porridge for breakfast, half a brown scone at 11,-sometimes, salad for lunch with a small bit of dressing 2-3 pieces of fruit throughout the day dinner at approx 6-7pm- wrap with chicken and salad, which varies every day, Last wk i started going to the gym 5 days and burned approx 400 calories each visit, If i do decide to splash out i try have snack-o-jacks or snax crisps, choc weight watchers bars etc!! snacks that i would consider- not that bad, i also drink 1.5-2litres of water a day At wknds myself and h2b treat ourselves to a chinese take away, He lost half a stone on a smoothie diet we tried -guess how much i lost- nothing!!! My weight stays at 10lbs.6 the whole time, i could lose a pound or 2 and 2 days later its back on again, Another thing i feel i should mention is that i dont have a regular bowel movement- it could be every 2-3 days, have tried taking kelp tablets etc, even senokot- which works but i feel the movement should be natural, Also what annoys me, is that one time many years ago i used to be thin, now nothing fits me, i used to be an 8 now 12-14 all my friends are thin and losing weight!!! Any suggestions????? Thanks sorry for harpering on!!!
quagmire Posts: 45
over the past few year put on a bit of weight as I was in college and didn't do much exercise, when I finished college started doing loads of training and eating healthy, lots a little bit only about 5lbs and then nothing, about a year later still nothing was happening. went for a usual check up got bloods done and was diagnosed with under active thyroid. one of the main symptoms it that your metabolism slows down and no matter how much you train you don't loose weight, another symptom is tiredness and constipation. like you say you are living a healthy lifestyle lots of exercise, lots of water and eating ok. I would go to the doc and get a blood test done to rule it out if nothing else. HTH :thnk
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
You seem to be eating very well, so I think it could be this [quote="hazeltweety":2g24qs8c] Last wk i started going to the gym 5 days and burned approx 400 calories each visit[/quote:2g24qs8c] Not what you want to hear but you'll have to keep that up for at least two months to see a difference.
frecklz Posts: 1839
I'd start by cutting out the weekly takeaway. Go to the gym every second day and do alternate exercise the other days.
just to give yee a bit of an update, im still going to the gym 4/5 times per wk and have noticed a change in my body shape, not to the scales, but that doesnt bother me,as long as i see some kinda change for the better!! gonna keep it up cos im enjoying it and starting WW on Wednesday hopefully!!!
enchanted princess Posts: 117
I would think ur not taking in enough calories. Ur body is used to the amount of calories it gets. U need to fool it into kick starting your metabolism again. Vary what you eat, add in more carbs and protein.U should be taking that for the gym. Use 80/20 rule. Body gets used to few calories so holds on to what fat it can because it thinks food is scarce.
outdoorgirl Posts: 610
Enchanted Princess could be right. Your weekly diet doesn't sound like a lot for your weight. I'd consult doctor. WW maybe not be for you if you already have good discipline in what you eat.
Hi all, thanks for all your comments and support, i just said that i would give you an update on my situation, i joined Weight watchers 2 wks ago and have lost 6lbs so far and i am delighted, im still going to the gym approx 5 times per wk and have started to see small results in my body shape so i think Lois that you were right ! Im def going to keep it up as im seeing results! thanks again :wv :xxx
oppps forgot to mention that i think a lot of my problem was my portion sizes, they were nearly 3 x times what they should have been! so although i was eating healthily i was eating way too much.
cathkc Posts: 121
I had the same problem as you - was going to the gym, but was eating way to much after, Weight Watchers sorted me out and I went form a size 16 to a 12 in 4 months - bliss!