Any allergy sufferers really suffering at the moment?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blondiechick Posts: 1641
I think the pollen must be really high!!! I am killed with it..my sinuses are so blocked and my nose is luminous red - I look like rudolf! :o0 I think I must be the only person in the country who is wishing for rain to keep all the pollen down!!
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Blondie I'm in BITS with it too :weep I was up half the night with an itchy throat and ears and half blocked half runny nose. Had to get cotton buds twice to get the itch out of my ears - so FRUSTRATING!!!
Oh I feel your pain SunnyK! Go to the chemist and get Sterimar saline stray and get Prevalin spray. it's fantastic. I am on a prescribed tablet every day and a steroid nasal spray and they are doing nothing for me but the Prevalin is working wonders!!! It hurts so badly when you use it for about 10 mins but it has made a HUGE difference to me in helping clean out all the gunk..sorry, that's gross but I'd really recommend it!
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Do you use the 2 sprays?! I'm going the doc after work just for a different prescription so am gonna get him to prescribe something. The prescription ones I had before were rubbish though - Telfast I think they were called. I've got Sudocreme up my nose too cos it's all sore and cut - boo hoo!! :o(
I am using 3 sprays! Avyms (prescribed), Sterimar saline spray and the Prevalin. All 3 are definately improving me. None of them have been any good on their own! I have vaseline up my nose cos it's so cut and sore!!! What are we like?!
Synergy Posts: 2768
No thank God, the pollen count doesn't seem to be high down here these last few days. I hate hayfever, it's such a Bitch
Couchkitten Posts: 438
I'm in bits the last week. I think it's all the harvesting going on around here that's rising up the pollen. Can get no rest even at night time
trance Posts: 3129
Oh don't talk to me, my eyes are so itchy and runny I'd like to gouge them out of my head with a spoon.
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I don't know if it's hayfever or not, I don't seem to be getting the normal runny eyes / sneezing symptoms I get, but my ears have been blocked with fluid for weeks now and I can't seem to get rid of it, it's driving me totally potty! :o( Doctor has me on antihistamines to dry it up but they're not making much difference at all. :o( :o( :o(
dreamer Posts: 3941
I'm the same. Am in bits. I don't usually get it so i think its pregnancy related with me. Its sucks though! I seem to be sensitive to all these things that never bothered me before.