Any b2b not being told hen details?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bubblybride2010 Posts: 1490
just wondering is anyone else been kept in the dark, i know where -as in city but thats it- no more :o(
Twirl Posts: 5598
i know where mine is but thats it. BM is organising sash's and whatever, all im hoping for is not be be dressed up and that she gets me the little willy straws :o0 I might even buy a few extra things just incase.I want the L plates, horns the whole tackie lot, sure it will be great fun :o)ll lay some ground rules if you dont want to do a certain thing or be dressed up as theres nothing worse than being uncomfortable. A friend of mine for her hen there was no dressing up no badges, games, just a night out for meal, pub and dancing and no one tried to do any different either.
JDD Posts: 1316
Mine was last weekend, and I didn't know anything about it either except for location and date. I did tell them that I didn't want to be dressed up as an idiot, no fake boobs, willy straws etc. But a little bit of tack was fine and I'd willingly wear a sash/tiara or do dares or whatever. The way I see it, these girls are going out of their way to organise a great weekend for me (often at personal expense) so the least I could do was be gracious, accept that some of it was going to be embarrassing, and go with the flow. Because I'm trying to be organised about the rest of the wedding (it doesn't come naturally to me) I was a little apprehensive about not having any control over the hen, but in the end they did a brilliant job, I couldn't have asked for anything more. If you trust your BMs, just let them get on with it. Tell them if they need any help with anything, you're there, but anything they choose will be fine with you.
Sprocket Posts: 1671
[quote="JDD":37trqnun] The way I see it, these girls are going out of their way to organise a great weekend for me (often at personal expense) so the least I could do was be gracious, accept that some of it was going to be embarrassing, and go with the flow. [/quote:37trqnun] That's a really good attitude JDD. I'm going to try and remember that myself. My CBM and BMs are organising it and I helped pick the weekend as I wanted it on the same weekend as my OH's stag so I don't have time to be worrying about what the boys are up to (!) but apart from that I have no say in the planning at all. Which I'm totally fine with to be honest. A weekend of fun with my friends that I don't have to plan....yes please! :o)ll
starbar10 Posts: 991
[quote="JDD":x9hy0dby]Mine was last weekend, and I didn't know anything about it either except for location and date. I did tell them that I didn't want to be dressed up as an idiot, no fake boobs, willy straws etc. But a little bit of tack was fine and I'd willingly wear a sash/tiara or do dares or whatever. The way I see it, these girls are going out of their way to organise a great weekend for me (often at personal expense) so the least I could do was be gracious, accept that some of it was going to be embarrassing, and go with the flow. Because I'm trying to be organised about the rest of the wedding (it doesn't come naturally to me) I was a little apprehensive about not having any control over the hen, but in the end they did a brilliant job, I couldn't have asked for anything more. If you trust your BMs, just let them get on with it. Tell them if they need any help with anything, you're there, but anything they choose will be fine with you.[/quote:x9hy0dby] I think you are possibly me!! Mine was least weekend too and all of the above applies I did silly dares and wore a tiara and sash but it was fine I had a ball!!
augb2b Posts: 177
I had a wonderful weekend away with 9 close friends. I had to know where we were going etc. I had asked not to be dressed up to look like a mad thing, and the girls were great, a sash and the Mr and Mrs quiz that was it. The home leg however, I have to be at a certain carpark at a certian time. CBM has been talking to H2B so I'm guessing he knows more that me! >:o)
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
I think it would be cool not to know where you were going in a way, BUT im a control freak, it would kill me. I organised (of my own choice) the lion's share of the weekend which is tomorrow!!!! Flying to Manchester (29 of us).. dinner, party bus.. O-O
MrsAH Posts: 3715
I have no idea where mine is! At first I was a bit freaked as I am a bit of a control freak, but I'm okay now :o0 I gave the girls a few guidelines, like it had to be in Ireland, budget conscious, and no silly stuff as it just isn't me. I trust them to plan something that I will enjoy, if not I warned them my sister would keep them in check :yelrotflmaosmilie: I'm actually very excited about it, and now I'm freaked a guest will let it slip!
Twirl Posts: 5598
Have to say its not me all the tackie stuff at all and H2b is laughing at me cause im usually so fussy about my hair i wouldnt put anything on my head. But i know one of my friends is mad and god knows what shes up to so im trying to prepare myself for god knows what and at the same stage i dont want to be dissapointed if i dont get it now so im going to get a few things too ( im a hard one to please :o0 )
WeddingDreams Posts: 61
Am the same. My hens is in a couple of weeks and I know the city and a rough list of who's going but thats it. I love surprises so am just going to go with the flow. Dress me up with willies, sashes the lot.. I don't mind. will have a ball any which way once my pals and family are there. :o)ll