Any BAD reports for Hamlet Court Trim Castle or Knightsbrook

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsBlues Posts: 5170
Looking to hear any bad reports for any of these hotels. Am so confused as to which one to pick, so anything that will put me off will help a lot! :o0
Huggles Posts: 1108
You could do a search on the various hotels. We're having our reception at the Hamlet Court and love it! Everything I've read about it has been positive. I'd definitely recommend that you visit all three, if you haven't already. Most of the time you just know whether one is right for you or not :wv
tallulah Posts: 484
Hi Mrs Blues I had my wedding in the Hamlet Court and all I can say is just wow. The whole day from beginning to end was fantastic & what really stood out was that there wasn't all "extra" charges that some hotels add on for little things, like I didn't use their chair bows & they still put them all on for me so I didnt have to pay to get that done, they even offered to drop back the bows for me after the wedding if I didnt have time. They were just so so helpfull and kind and were offering to do things that just made life easier for me & hubby. I really just cant see any hotel doing better than the Hamlet Court with reagard to service. I haven't been to Trim Castle so cant comment. Good luck with choice I'd just love to be doing it all again.
Thanks Tess & Tallulah To be honest, I have been to the Hamlet and I fell in love with the place, but something is putting me off as it hasn't got a fancy entrance, and it just doesnt have the WOW factor. I can see where she is coming from, but from the reviews I've read on here and the service we have got from the Hamlet so far, I'm almost paying my deposit as I write this. :o0 I'm going to see the other 2 hotels this weekend, so I'm really looking for any new feedback on them. Anybody else have any info?
Huggles Posts: 1108
I went to an awful lot of venues and I have to say that the best thing about the hamlet court is that you don't expect the amazing reception room. Then again, what's wow for me isn't wow for others. I love a kind of homely feel and I just think that castles can be a but pretentious but each to their own. Just don't let your FMIL run the day for you. You only get to do this once. Best of luck :wv :wv :wv
Thanks Tess I know exactly what you mean though, we went to see the Hamlet for the 2nd time last week, and the reception room was all dressed up for a wedding that day. Well you could just tell by the look on mine & H2Bs face that we both loved it, it's really a fantastic room, and I know that I will probably say no to all the others and go back to the Hamlet. I think I know deep down that it's the hotel for me, but I need to eliminate that doubt in the back of my mind somehow!
Bugsie Posts: 212
We've ours booked for the Hamlet..there was never any question about where we would have ours..the attention to detail was fabulous and all the extras are brill... hope you make your choice soon and at least thats decided then...
TM2007 Posts: 178
We had our wedding in knightsbrook ..... just loved everything about the hotel .. had a few worries beforehand . It was just sSSSSSsssssssooooooooooo perfect [ well for us ] .. we I first seen the room done for us I was speechless ..
love struck Posts: 1125
I am having my in Knighsbrook... They are so helpful.. Also my hubbie to be is a manager there and they pull out all the stops. A friend was at a wedding there and said it was the niceset food she has ever tasted at a wedding. There sister hotel the Trim Arch would have an excellent local reputation for the food... Also looks really nice when entering it..
love struck Posts: 1125
I am having my in Knighsbrook... They are so helpful.. Also my hubbie to be is a manager there and they pull out all the stops. A friend was at a wedding there and said it was the niceset food she has ever tasted at a wedding. There sister hotel the Trim Arch would have an excellent local reputation for the food... Also looks really nice when entering it..