Any ballroom dancers?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

daisy08 Posts: 41
H2B and I have had some lessons and are able to do a basic foxtrot and we'd feel comfortable doing this as our first dance. However, we're not sure which songs would be suitable. Can anyone help? (Music used in lessons doesn't suit)
bangel Posts: 2285
I don't but did a quick google and this site has 338 songs to choose from, and also audio clips so you can listen to them!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
[quote="daisy08":3pxnefa7]H2B and I have had some lessons and are able to do a basic foxtrot and we'd feel comfortable doing this as our first dance. However, we're not sure which songs would be suitable. Can anyone help? (Music used in lessons doesn't suit)[/quote:3pxnefa7] Not sure of what music to use Daisy but am watching the Strictly Come Dancing results show at the moment & one of the main dances for next week is the Foxtrot so you should tune in to see what they use - they usually mix old/traditional music with modern/contemporary music so that should give you some food for thought!!!
daisy08 Posts: 41
Brilliant, thanks for those replies.
Twirler Posts: 1644
Foxtrot is actually one of the better dances to try find music for. It's 4/4 time and a lot of the Rat pack/big band sort of music is perfect for foxtrot - like Top Hat and Tails, I've got you under my skin, Cheek to Cheek, Call me irresponsible......