Any bump/weight gain when 10 weeks pregnant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

UndercoverBride Posts: 110
Hi All, I've just found out that I'm pregnant, it's a bit of a surprise and still sinking in but my wedding is only weeks away. I'll be 10 weeks when getting married - can anyone advise what kind of weight gain i can expect? Will there be any bump? Should I be letting dress shop know? I'm 5'7 and exercise quite a lot. I'm a small size 12/10
aylala Posts: 3673
hi and congrats on your bfp! Im nearly 6 weeks and my belly is more bloated than bump im 5 10 and size 12 but in 14 now so i dont look as bet into it. Maybe let dress maker know it cant hurt im sure she will be discreet
NewGirl Posts: 1143
I did BM for my Brother at 10 weeks and I just fitted into my dress. I felt very tight. I had a lot of bloating but no bump until approx 16-20 weeks as far as I can remember. I would have been size 10/12. Just try to drink plenty of water and eat healthy fruit & veg to avoid that bloating and you should be fine. Oh exciting times ahead for ye both. Congratulations
oddwire Posts: 842
I put on 5lbs in my whole first trimester, which seems to be about average going by what books etc say. As the others said, it's more bloating than bump at that stage though.
Milis in disguise Posts: 727
At 10 weeks I was a bit bloated, nothing too serious, but I'd gone up a cup size already, so that'd be my main concern for your dress! Congrates!
oddwire Posts: 842
Oh yeah, forgot about the boobs - I had them strapped down with a sports bra for the first few months! You will probably need to take them into consideration for your dress alright!
bumble Posts: 1980
I had no weight gain on the scales until 16 wks BUT by 8 wks my boobs had gone up a cup size and i was definitely bloated but everyone is different and you at 10 wks could be same as before you got pg! If your dress is very fitted around the waist / tummy and boobs I'd let them know and maybe they can do your alterations very close to the date?
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
i am ten weeks today! my boobs which were big anyway are defo bigger so tell the dressmaker about that. i have no bump but i wouldn't be trying to squish into things like slightly tight jeans the way i did before! i haven't put on any weight yet (and i am someone who constantly battles with the scales so would be prone to putting on weight). if the dress is a style that would be tight around the lower tummy i'd ask for a tiny bit more space but more for comfort than anything. i'm also a 10/12 and still wearing the same size (and bursting out of my bras!) congratulations on you baby and you wedding!
veryhappyveryhappy Posts: 151
hiya undercoverbride congrats!! U must be so excited!! are you a May bride?? i'm in the same situation except getting married on 2nd of may and will be 13 wks pg!!... i'm 10 wks 2day!... have actually lost weight on the scales. Before i got pg i was 8 stone 3 and 5 ft 4 inches (height obviously stil the same :o0 but am not 7 stone 13 .... i dont want to be loosing weight but have no ms or anything!!! Was trying on my wedding dress yest and nearly fainted!!.. dunno if it was the over whelming feeling of everything together!! Basically i'm still in my same skinny jeans and leggings but possibly have the slightest little bit of a tiny belly that only i can notice!! everyone seems to be telling me how much weight i'm aftr loosing but anyway that work outs fine as we've nobody told yet only both sets of parents!! Pm me if u like as we're in very similar situations!! :wv
veryhappyveryhappy Posts: 151
hiya undercoverbride congrats!! U must be so excited!! are you a May bride?? i'm in the same situation except getting married on 2nd of may and will be 13 wks pg!!... i'm 10 wks 2day!... have actually lost weight on the scales. Before i got pg i was 8 stone 3 and 5 ft 4 inches (height obviously stil the same :o0 but am not 7 stone 13 .... i dont want to be loosing weight but have no ms or anything!!! Was trying on my wedding dress yest and nearly fainted!!.. dunno if it was the over whelming feeling of everything together!! Basically i'm still in my same skinny jeans and leggings but possibly have the slightest little bit of a tiny belly that only i can notice!! everyone seems to be telling me how much weight i'm aftr loosing but anyway that work outs fine as we've nobody told yet only both sets of parents!! Pm me if u like as we're in very similar situations!! :wv