Any childcare level 6 wollies?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Synergy Posts: 2768
I want to do this course from home in the coming days. Did any of ye do it? Is it a follow on to the level 5 or is it much more difficult? What was the best/ worst part. I'll be exempt from two modules as I have 11 level 5s so I'll be only expected to do 4 which is grand in itself. Really looking for someone to tell me about it just so I know what I'm letting myself in for, many thanks
gottabfp Posts: 5641
hi, i hve done it. i done it through the ippa. i found it hard but i think my main problem was trying to get into studying again. there are alot of observations and theorists ( my pet hate) it is alot harder than the level 5. in the l5 there was alot of project work. ie handwashing etc. in l6 its very fact based. child development was the hardest one for me. the observations are alot harder as you have to say " study child is lifting up her pencil with her right hand. she twitches her eye kind of thing, you cannot miss anything. im not selling this very well but in all honesty i would do it again in a heart beat. i think because i took so long out between l5 and l6 thats why i found it hard, and i was trying to plan a wedding in the middle of it. it really is worth while and i did learn alot from it. and if im completly honest my fav part was talking to eveyone in the class, getting ideas and help. is there anyway you could do it one evening a week and one sat a month. it really helps to have a group .
I wish I could do it in a class, I really enjoyed the level 5s. With three kids and working in a creche during the day, I'm not left with much time for anything else. The vice principal of the school said she'll give me all of their policies and such to help with all the assignment work so that will be a huge bonus and time saver. I never thought I'd be delving into Piaget and Froid and the like so soon, thought I was finished with all of that :o0 Allergic to all of the case studies and observations alright. I'm doing them at the mo for work and they're a nuisance. Wannabfp I'm just petrified of taking this on with the wedding coming up. I have to do it though as I'm only a covering supervisor until May and I'll need to be working in a child care facility to do the course so don't want to delay iykwim. It's 9 months but you can complete it faster and only four modules. Dreading the legal one, I find that part so boring and difficult to take in. Thanks so much for getting back to me though really appreciate it :thnk
it is tough but it is doable. The social and legal one is the easiest of them all to be honest. if thats the one you are dreading leave it til the end and that way you will be in study mode so you will find it easier. the level 6 will be a huge bonus to your CV. Not many people have it and it really shows your commitment to childcare. you just need to get yourself a little timetable. An hour every night will get it done. I was a terrible crammer and a devil cos when i went to type up my assignments id be looking up wedding stuff! :o0 and if i can find my memory chip ill email you over my work if you like. i just have to find it!
I would love you forever if you could do that. It would be an enormous help even just to know you're on the right track. All I have to do now is get the €1000 euro together to fund it. I wonder would they take installments, must email them. I'm so grateful for your info. Oh God here comes all the chipper food and the never-ending half-clean house :o0 Oh before I forget are there written exams at the end, I suppose there would be.
no problem ill have a good search for it. i know i put it in a safe place. the best news is there are no exams , its all based on assignment work. i am sure they will take payments as most colleges do! ill be in touch
om me you email, and ill pass them on :o)ll