Any cure for morning sickness

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hello09 Posts: 253
Hi all i was just wondering if anyone knew of anything that will help with morning sickness ?
Nadie Posts: 1111
Hi there, Sorry you're suffering! I only had nausea, never actually threw up, but it was pretty bad. I used crystallised ginger from a health food shop. It's completely disgusting and you need about a pint of water to wash it down with but it works! Well, you'll get some relief anyway. I hope...
Roxanne Posts: 3201
While I never actually threw up I did get nausea for much of the first 12 weeks (week 13 now!), but mostly in the evening oddly enough. Usually just when I needed to cook the dinner actually! I found eating something small made it go away. I got into a habit of sitting down at around half five with something very plain, a few ginger biscuits (any kind of ginger is good) a piece of toast, even a bag of popcorn. That settled my stomach and I was fine. :wv
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
God I wish there was a miracle cure. There isn't 1 single thing that can help, what works for 1 person might not work for another. Try ginger, eating dry crackers, travel sickness wrist bands, eating whatever you fancy whether it be choc at 8am, drinking fizzy drinks....the list can go on. TBH nothing worked for me both times, it passed on DS by itself, but I had hyperemesis on this pg and was in HS overnight. It was ok after that. Try everything and see what settles your tum. It's awful when you get it, no one understands what it feels like better than someone who has been thru it :lvs
Snotzer Posts: 361
Elegance Posts: 2848
[quote="Nadie":3j15194e]Hi there, Sorry you're suffering! I only had nausea, never actually threw up, but it was pretty bad. I used crystallised ginger from a health food shop. It's completely disgusting and you need about a pint of water to wash it down with but it works! Well, you'll get some relief anyway. I hope...[/quote:3j15194e] Hi limkworried... great to see you posting in P&B now! you can get the ginger covered in yoghurt in the health shops too... helps with the nausea definetly. but with actually ms - that is, if you are actually throwing up - i didnt find anything that stopped that. when it was coming, it was a coming and nothing would stop it. eat little and often, don't drink fluids while eating - try to wait an hour, crackers... and the ginger. some find peppermint tea helps. if its any consolation, for most, it eases up by 12 weeks.... I had it so bad from around 7 weeks till I hit 12 weeks.... I'm doing brill now. And the difference is incredible.
pixiechick Posts: 647
Hiya, I know how you feel with the MS,I have had it for the last 7 or so weeks,thankfully its easing now. I got the travel sickness bracelets,ginger cookies..everything recommended and the only thing that really helped me was lemon and ginger tea. Hopefully it eases for you soon and you have a happy and healthy pregnancy :wv
babydust Posts: 124
It was the hardest part of being pregnant for me... I found not mixing food and drink good..special k and chewing gum..especially in work when you felt like you were going to get sick all the time and having to pretend you were just fine..nightmare time but it ended for me at 17 weeks! Hope yoursd passes soon xx