Any Darver Castle people out there

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mkb Posts: 1744
Hi, we have booked Darver castle for our reception, Just wanted to know was there any more of us out there, thanks :wv
hollywoodbride Posts: 1341
No I am getting married somewhere else but did look at Darver castle and loved it its like a dream wedding venue good choice enjoy
We really fell in love with it too. but would love to be able to bounce ideas and questions off other Darver people, you know. :wv
joker Posts: 2789
hey stressybetty! i'm a fellow darver castle bride for 2010!! you can bounce any ideas you want off me! when u getting married there! it is fab there and the owners are very nice and down to earth!
hey stressybetty! i'm a fellow darver castle bride for 2010!! you can bounce any ideas you want off me! when u getting married there! it is fab there and the owners are very nice and down to earth! Oh fantastic, thanks so much. evey. that would be great and like wise. If I can help, Im 2010 cant say date, h2b is always on this site . tMyself and h2b really want our wedding to be family orientated and it just felt like the right place.
ddesmond Posts: 457
just give a comment - we were at a wedding there last yr - absolutly amazing!! Food was fab - as was the service!!!
joker Posts: 2789
we wanted it to be intimate and homely so darver is perfect!! so many folk give out that there aint rooms to stay but i think its great!! only our bridal party & parents are staying and at least we wont feel obliged to get up at the crack of dawn to entertain people!!! hopefully tho by then the guest house will be built! we are going to be married in the chapel up the road from darver also! i dont know what its like! what season are u getting married n or can u say? are u getting chair covers? have u decided on the menu? what about wine? we are getting chair covers but thiink we'll get our own champagne and haggle on corkage and chair covers! :wv
kellycar Posts: 20
Hey All. Getting married in the church in Darver and having the reception in Darver Castle, Saturday week!! :o)ll Not long to go and I am soooo excited! Darver is so lovely and homely and the staff have been really nice to us so far. I've only ever seen and heard good reviews about it. Also, had sunday lunch in it one day and the food was excellent. We've decided to go with the house wine and beef and salmon for main course. Let me know if I can give any advice or if you have any questions. Will have to let you all know how it goes after the big day. :lvs
Oh my god fantastic you really don’t have long to go at all. Oh the best of luck on your day and would be great to hear how you get on. Thanks a million for offer for advice, might take you up on it in the coming months. :o)ll :o)ll Best of luck
moogy Posts: 31
Hi girls, I'm getting married in Darver in September!!! soooooooooooooo excited, we're the same really wanted an intimate day and just love the venue. I was taling to Julia and she said they're hoping to have two five bed, b&b's opening in March that will be available to guests, so thats anouther option. Kellycar, congrats, oh my god you've no time at all left, ahve a fab day, I'm sure you're up to your eyes so don't worry about answering my questions til after the big day!! Just wondering about the bill did you pay in full before hand, I'm a little wary of paying up front and having no comeback if things are as I wanted, although I have only ever heard good things I don't want to be left high and dry just in case! Also were you able to bargain down any prices? Are you going with chair covers I think they are a little pricey, basically any inside info you can give would be greatly appreciated!