Any good hotel breaks out there?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vivaladiva Posts: 864
Hey Ladies I need to pick your brains! Im on a search for a nice hotel that hopefully will have week end deals ( B&B and evening meals included and not too pricey) for a wk end at end Sept. Two reasons, one its our 1st wedding anniv and two our baby would be due then also so NEED a break badly around then! Ive been searchin n searchin on the internet n jus don’t know where to go! Preferably somewhere near Louth/Dublin also as don’t wanna travel too far! Hopefully some of you can help! Thanks in advance! C
cherries on top Posts: 521
Hi Viva La Diva One of my personal favourites (1.5hrs from dublin but closer if you are from Louth) is Castle Leslie (where Heather Mills and Paul McC got married). You can either stay at the castle/the hunting lodge/or rent a cottage. It is in Monaghan, it really isn't that far and I think they have special deals. There is a spa in the Hunting Lodge. THough no swimming pool / gym if that's what you are after. I think it would be perfect for a relaxing weekend if you fancy lazying around the grounds. And perfect of 1 year anniversey Bettystown - I'm from Laytown and I know they are doing some good deals (nearly always full re weddings etc... a lot of kids here so take note). . 2nites bandb + 1 dinner 139eur pps. Not sure if you know the area but its like a real Irish seaside town. You will either love it or hate it. Personally I like it as the beach is great for walking. Nearby you have the CityNorth Hotel (just off M1 - but nothing really nearby) or The D Hotel in drogheda. Right on the river and beside scotch hall shopping centre and in the town. Hope that helps
ohsotired Posts: 7071
We were in Farnham Estate last week and it was fab! They have lots of good deals on their website! It's in Cavan!! :wv
w.w.wonder Posts: 297
Friend has been there a few times and loves it
shortie26 Posts: 260
try the supervalu breaks they usually most reasonable and most hotels lovely! they even do 4 and 5star options now for a little more. if you dont shop there can get the loyalty card at the mo and it gives you 50 free tokens for the break which is all you need.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
The Castleknock Hotel are doing some great deals
starzzzz Posts: 1123
the beacon court in sandyford is doing good couples beaks including meals and drinks, me and h2b were looking at it for a weekend away and it looks lovely