Any incling girls...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
[i:1qop8e9a] Do you think you're having a boy or a girl, and why???? I think I may be having a boy, as from the old wives tales, it says if you concieve towards the end of ovulation, it's more likely to be a boy!! Or so I read anyway *) *) [/i:1qop8e9a]
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
Hi Mums the Word Just want to congratulate you, great news. I wish you all the best for your pregnancy. I always thought i'd have a girl and changed my mind in the last few weeks but ended up a girl!!
MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
Thanks so much, hoping all will go smoothly this time! So I guess you've just proved, that first instincts can be right!!! xo
Baby bop Posts: 662
I knew on both my boys. I kept telling everyone i know its a Boy even doe i didnt find out. Just kept getting this strong feeling i was expecting a boy on my other 2 but on this one even doe i've being told it was a Girl i couldnt tell myself.
jarashow Posts: 3083
Convinced it's a boy. All the online tests say it is too. Just have to come up with a name, already have a girls one no problem.
workingmom Posts: 3429
I think my beanie is a girl, so does DH. I just feel like it's a girl, and on my first trip to mothercare, I was totally drawn to the girls stuff, not the boys, and I am not a girly girl.
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Theres a whole chapter on this in TCOYF. Apparantly boy swimmers are faster but girl swimmers have more stamina, so if you want a girl you should BD between 2 - 4 days before OV - that way all the boys will be knackered and the girl will make it to the egg. If you want a boy, OV day is the best bet, as they're faster and will get there quicker. I only BD once around my fertile time, on OV day, so if above is true I'll have a boy! I'll let ye all know at the end of Jan 2009!!
sinion Posts: 6050
up until about 15 weeks I was convinced it was a boy, but I've been having so many dreams about giving birth since and in every one it's a girl so I've changed my mind again!
Carthusia Posts: 148
I think Im having a boy but Ive had a few dreams where Ive had a baby girl...DH asks my bump every days if its a boy or a girl and then always looks up with a grin on his face and declares its a little girl! so we shall wait and see who is right! i've bet him 20 quid he's wrong...God im a bad mother already! :o0
chicam Posts: 1169
Oh don't worry, myself and DH have a bet on too! I have been utterly convinced since the second I found out that its a boy - don't know why, haven't done any online tests or haven't paid attention to any old wives tales but I am convinced! So I think just to play the devils advocate my husband bets its a girl!