Any jobs in Galway (electrician ideally)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hellothere2010 Posts: 2358
ok I know this is a shot in the dark but its worth a try as it looks like DH will have to move to Dublin or Cork.... Does anyone know of any electrician jobs in the west that are available??? Even any factory/production line jobs?? IF DH doesnt get something this week he will have to move and our first baby is due in January. Im very upset and stressed about it. We have tried fas and agencies etc - no joy. He will do anything at this point. He's a hard worker and this is such a low point for us. I hope I dont annoy you all with this - just want to try everything and everywhere
*coolaboola* Posts: 374
hi liv. couldn't read your post and not reply, you sound so upset. i'm afraid i don't know of any jobs available... but i was in a similar situation at around your stage of pregnancy and i remember how scary and stressful it was. it ended up that i stayed in our home- also in the west-and oh had to move to cork. it was so so hard being apart, but once i was off work we moved to cork. we'll stay here for the duration of my mat leave and then hope he'll get something at home. best of luck in the job search but know that things will work out for you in the end. pm me if you want to chat at any stage! :action31 :action32
MrsK07 Posts: 454
I'll keep my ear to the ground for you Livdec2007. The Advertiser is out tomorrow but I'm sure it will be full of people who are looking for work. Chin up. Hopefully it won't come to your DH having to move away. :action32
thanks girls x this is very stressful
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
Maybe put this thread up in Off Topic too cos that way more people will see it. Best of luck
theoracle Posts: 7664
My DH's brothers are both electricians, I'll ask them. Mind you, one of them was in Galway and moved to Dublin then as the work here dried up and he is saying that they are letting also lots of Dublin lads go now. The other is working at the gas terminal in North Mayo (you know the one with all controversy) I know they were recruiting, would that be of interest?
definitely it would - can you send me on details - we are so desperate now!!!
sunnyside Posts: 3164
Liv I can't be of any help cause i don't live in Ireland but just wanted to say I'm sure something will turn up soon and hope you aren't getting too stresssed. It can't be easy. Will keep my fingers crossed that your DH gets work soon.
thanks sunnyside x I appreciate the good wishes.
theoracle Posts: 7664
PM-ed you. Good luck!