Any Lady Boxers/Kickboxers on woll?????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sandy13 Posts: 939
Hi wolls Im a keen boxer/kickboxer im just wondering is there any wolls on here that do it would love to know. sandy
gogglebox Posts: 910
Yup..... I do kick boxing! Such great fun and keeps me fit! How long have you been doing it?
Sunnyshine Posts: 753
I used to do kick boxing. Well, ok, I did one class just over a year ago and the warm up alone nearly killed me!! And I was fit enough at the time but it wasn't for me.
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
Don't do kickboxing, but I've been involved in a different martial art for four years. Love it. Keeps me fit and sane (and able to kick arse!)
What martial art do you do - P.S. love the avatar... very apt!!
The Fitness Dock Posts: 130
Great to see so many of you are interested in kickboxing! Both boxing and kickboxing are excellent forms of cardio exercise. unlike with machines, your body never gets used to the stimulus because there's an infinite number of punch-kick combinations that you can come up with. It's also really great for toning up the upper back and the backs of the arms - the 2 areas that are most "on display" for a bride. Pop down to [b:1zisid5c]The Fitness Dock[/b:1zisid5c] for a FREE class whenever you want. We do Boxing Circuits, Khai Bo And a Mixed Martial Arts class. Our teacher Brendan Swan has over 20 year's experience in martial arts and is a great instructor. You don't need any pst experience at all and it's suited to all levels, especially beginners. PAUL
[quote="The Fitness Dock":1zxnp5id]Great to see so many of you are interested in kickboxing! Both boxing and kickboxing are excellent forms of cardio exercise. unlike with machines, your body never gets used to the stimulus because there's an infinite number of punch-kick combinations that you can come up with. It's also really great for toning up the upper back and the backs of the arms - the 2 areas that are most "on display" for a bride. Pop down to [b:1zxnp5id]The Fitness Dock[/b:1zxnp5id] for a FREE class whenever you want. We do Boxing Circuits, Khai Bo And a Mixed Martial Arts class. Our teacher Brendan Swan has over 20 year's experience in martial arts and is a great instructor. You don't need any pst experience at all and it's suited to all levels, especially beginners. PAUL[/quote:1zxnp5id] Is Brendan affiliated to any association, or is it boxing 'lite'?
[quote="Lois":jnfbfr7n][quote="gogglebox":jnfbfr7n]What martial art do you do - P.S. love the avatar... very apt!![/quote:jnfbfr7n] Kenpo. Fast and furious, like the hamster! Wish more women would get involved though. I think lots of people think it's cool and sexy and then they quickly realise it's really hard work and you'll sweat. Lots. Then the girly girls leave when they chip a nail :o0 Ah well, I love the guys I train with. And I suppose I'm more likely to need self defence against a man anyway.[/quote:jnfbfr7n] I've never tried Kenpo - is it a Karate type of martial art? Do you do katas? There are quite a few women at the classes I go to - although... we are still totally outnumbered by the boys!! It's great though, as the girls that are there have persevered past the initial pain are hard core!! :o0 I know what you mean about sweaty though.... eugh... It's gross when I've finished a class!! But at least I know I've had a good work out - even if I stink like a pig! :o0
The Fitness Dock Posts: 130
[quote="Lois":17fjm2tf]Is Brendan affiliated to any association, or is it boxing 'lite'?[/quote:17fjm2tf] Well he teaches Boxing Circuits, which teaches boxing combinations - it's not full contact so no-one gets hit. Khai-Bo, as you may know, involves using kicks, punches and knees along to music. Mixed Martials Arts is a combination of grappling (ground fighting), boxing and Muay-Thai