Menu

Any mothers take Panadol during pregnancy and all ok???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jill80 Posts: 565
Hi, I've seen similiar threads out there that its okay to take panadol but I'm just wondering of anyone on here took them and had a full healthy pregnancy after? Just in bits with a cold - head, throat (woefully bad) eyes etc and will have take something as honey, lemon etc great for throat-symptoms but my temperature going up and down. Only near seven week pregnant so want to be sure all's okay if take panadol? Thanks
frangipani Posts: 1543
i don't know the answer to your question but i would ask at the chemist. i had a massive coldsore during the week (which i never get) and asked the chemists advice on what brand was ok to get during pregnancy. i'm sure they'd offer good advice to you about colds and flu symptoms.
Thankd Frangipani, The chemist said they be ok once stick to dose but I'm just a worrier, was a hoping an already-mam could ease my mind! Chemist said to take them as keeping temp down important.So I did take two few minutes ago.
lilybride Posts: 425
Hey Jill08, I took panadol a couple of times when I was pregnant with DS, nothing wrong with him now except he wants to open all the windows on the advent calendar NOW and eat all the chocolates. Good luck
[quote="lilybride":14l0w9z7]Hey Jill08, I took panadol a couple of times when I was pregnant with DS, nothing wrong with him now except he wants to open all the windows on the advent calendar NOW and eat all the chocolates. Good luck[/quote:14l0w9z7] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 Thanks a million for that!!! Sounds gas!
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Little miss just gone to sleep and not a bit wrong with her had to take panadol a few times whil pg very important to get ur temp down
Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
I was very unwell last week and the consultant AND my GP told me to take Panadol...I hadn't taken any sort of medication all through the pregnancy so was resisting taking anything, but realised I was so unwell I just had to. Panadol is safe in pregnancy (have googled it) and both of them told me to, so I can't really say anything against that.....
Thanks girls! :thnk
AliceB Posts: 495
I def took it when necessary and of course within recommended doses - more dangerous to have a high temp...
Daisyboo Posts: 1347
Took it on both the boys pregnancies,and they are fine.My obs told me too take panadol and that it was fine to do so,he also told me I could take Solphadine aswell If I didnt want to take the Panadol,which I never knew.