Any Nice poems for baskets in toilets at reception???????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

midnightqueen Posts: 582
Hi We are putting baskets in the toilets at the reception. We want a nice poem to put up over it to let people know they are there to be used but not taken. There were loads of topics in here but now i cant find any since the site was upgraded!!!!
Suprise Baby 09 Posts: 70
sorry but just one question: WHY would you do this???????
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
[quote="Suprise Baby 09":33xux727]sorry but just one question: WHY would you do this???????[/quote:33xux727] why would you put a basket in the toilets, or why would you put a poem?? OP, it's quite common to have the basket of supplies in the bathrooms now, and people do know that they are not free samples to be removed, but to be used as appropriate I've never seen anything removed, but I have heard from a girl at work that the perfume was taken at a wedding she was at over Christmas... but you don't buy things to take them home, so let the guests enjoy them!! I've just seen a little card attached to the basket "Enjoy! From xx and xx" in the design of the invites.
Trilogy Posts: 57
Hi Princess - I saw this on the forums before the revamp....hope it helps :) So happy you are here to share in our special day But should something happen to go astray, Please help yourself to the contents within, Wet wipes, hand lotion and even aspirin. Use only what you need and leave the rest, It may also be useful to another guest. So repair the damage that may have been done, Then hurry on back and join in the fun!
cantwait2bmrs2011 Posts: 215
Poem #1 Here is a basket for all of our guests, To make sure everyone feels their best! The hairspray will help hold your hair in place, The bobby pins to keep your hair out of your face. If you break a nail, don’t worry! There’s a file and some glue, It can also fix a broken heel on a shoe! The polish will stop that darn run in your hose, Use the tissues to stop a runny nose! We hope that you’ll find what you’re looking for. Take a mint and now go hit the dance floor! Poem #2 So happy you’re here to share in our special day!!! But should something happen to go astray, Please help yourself to the contents within, Hair spray (or Wet wipe), hand lotion, gum and even aspirin, Use only what you need and leave the rest, It may be useful to another guest. So repair the damage that may have been done, Then hurry on back and join the fun!!! Compliments of the Newlyweds Poem #3 Compliments of the newlyweds, To help you feel your best! Just use a little...freshen up, And leave for other guests! Poem #4 If your skin feels dry, your hair out of place, Your throat is parched, or whatever the case. We've put this together to help you along, Now get yourself out there before the next song! I love the baskets, they are great. Although dont be surprised if some items go missing xxx :wv
excitednerjabride Posts: 869
Ooh thats a fab idea, love it, borrowing it..xx
Groovy-Chick Posts: 2383
Girls just to let you know that some hotels wont let you put aspirin or paracetomol (sp) into the baskets! Just in case there are children or anything, they wont want to be held liabal. You should double check with them! Also I know some hotels provide this as part of their service, so maybe just double check that too!! Would hate to go to all the bother of doing up the baskets and then the hotel having their own. Personally I think this is a great idea, I know when I'm at a wedding my handbag is usually tiny so it's nice when there's a bit of body spray or hair spray in the bathroom!
veryv Posts: 970
It's a nice idea but when guests have had a few drinks they probably wont notice the poem and might not be able to read it either!! I always bring my own minature deoderants and perfums to a wedding, is it not going to be expensive to provide all of these?
midnightqueen Posts: 582
Thanks everyone. I was at a wedding about 12mnths ago and the baskets were emptied before we sat down for the meal!! It was funny at the time but really defeated the purpase of having them there as the most time you need the stuff is after the meal or during the dancing. I dont plan on taking anything home from them except the baskets as i really like them >:o) The peom is just really to let people know that they are from us and also thatv they are there for everyone to use!! :wv Thanks