Any novice Bakers do nixers?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rogue User Posts: 6101
I know there are a few very talented bakers on WOL and was wondering if any of you do nixers. I'm looking for a Peppa Pig cake for 4 year old cousin. It doesn't have to be big or fancy just be obviously Peppa Pig. How much would you charge for such a cake? Based in Kildare/Dublin area... Thanks!
Dovetail Posts: 293
How much are you looking to pay? I know a woman who'll do sponge cakes for around €30 and chocolate biscuit for €60/€70. Maybe that's too much but I would recommend her. I'm not 100% on prices but I think I'm in the right ball park
doolittle Posts: 910
I made DS a peppa pig car cake last year and it was very simple! I made two slab sponges (but you could buy these).Sanwiched them together with betty crocker incing, cut a piece out for the seat, covered the sponge with melted strawberry jam and covered with red roll out icing. I used liqorice swirls for the wheels and steering wheel and used DS peppa pig figures ETS I used chocolate sauce for the muddy puddle!
ianstuart Posts: 1947
DL you are a very talented lady. Love the car.
Meggi Posts: 383
Another option (I know you didn't ask for options, but I'm throwing one in anyway) is to order a Peppa Pig icing cake topper from ebay. That way you can make a cake to the dimension you order. They are very easy work with and look good. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... &_from=R40
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Doolittle - that's brilliant!!! Love it.
doolittle Posts: 910
Why thank you! It was really easy TBH but went down a treat :o)ll Curious george theme this year so Ive the can pan bought on Ebay so it will be a case of baking the sponge and piping choc topping mmmm :o)ll