Any of these you WOULDN'T try to bring on labour?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

walkingwollie Posts: 3344
Just reading up here and wondering.. especially about the, erm, fruity ones. Figured a poll might help.. Having said that, my initial instinct is 'castor oil' because I read a horror story in a magazine about a woman who was overdue delivering in her bathroom after taking it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be sitting here tweaking my nipples or engaging in filthiness!
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
I've heard a few horror stories about castor oil as well. Mainly that it can give you the runs before it does anything else. Not something you want to be dealing with if you do go into labour! :eek :eek :eek
petunia Posts: 1626
yeah, the castor oil stories would def put me off
hoodieboodie Posts: 1200
I'm with you on the Castor Oil. Nipple Stimulation isn't on my list as I've read you've got to do it for 3 hours a day to help bring on labour - eager as I am to meet my baby, there is no way I am spending that amount of time on nipple stimulation :-8
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
i would say castor oil definitely,too many horror stories as ye have said i tried everything else on the list bar the nipple stimulation and they didn't work for me, she was too comfy in there :o0 Hope they work for you :o)ll
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
Nipple stimulation = 3 hours a day! Who actually took part in the test that worked that out? Can you imagine.. It's not like I've got a lot to do all day but I can find something more entertaining than that! We bought a curry last night, but I couldn't face it in the end. It just looked like heartburn on a plate to me.
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I tried the whole lot!! I was a whale and overdue. I wouldn't recommed the spicy food or the castor oil because all they give me a sore b*m :-8 :o0 I still ended up going 2 weeks over and being induced then that failed so I had a section!! Baby just wasn't going to come out at all :) Baby will come when they are good and ready.
alton Posts: 3077
sometimes women experience an ah increase in bowel activity :-8 when labour starts, and also the sensation of diarrhoea can feel like contractions. But it doesn't follow that doing something to induce diarrhoea, like taking castor oil, will make you go into labour any quicker. it just makes everything more unpleasant. Also it can't be good to cause a loss of fluid from your body at a time when you need to be in peak health.
bunnyhop1 Posts: 419
Keep ur castor oil for the babies bum!!!Its a bit toxic to be taking it :wv
The Contented Little Mummy Posts: 600
Dont think I would try the castor oil, but a few girls I know have gotten a good result with acupuncture when they were overdue. So think that is something I would try.