any of you ladies get bfps naturally after 11 months ttc?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bourneidentity Posts: 265
Hi all, we're in month 11 now ttc and I'm gearing myself up for having all the tests done to find any issue preventing us from getting that elusive bfp. I'm wondering if any of you got a bfp after this point and knew nothing was wrong then?
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
It was 18 months from when I came off the depo to when we finally got our BFP. We got it just at the point where I had given up hope and was going to go for tests. Best of luck :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Thanks ghostchild, if someone would just tell me we're both healthy I'd be more patient
For me it was the not knowing when/if it would happen that I found hard. If I had been told it would be 18 months then I think I would have been fine but it was the disappointment of it not being this month or that month and not having it by say Christmas that really got to me. If you want to get checked out then do. I'm sure your results will be fine and it just takes some people longer :wv :wv
DaisyB Posts: 1708
on my last pregnancy it took 15 months to get a BFP!!! and this time around was 1 month which i was very surprised about.... best of luck!!!!!x
Thanks ladies, I could wait for another 6 months if things were fine so after next month I'll start the tests. That will be 12 cycles trying. It's just encouraging that not everyone who tries for longer than 6 months has a problem. Just disheartening to see so many on the ttc board who get bfps after 2 or 3 months.
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
We were 21 months TTC'ing,after 15 months i had bloods done and all perfect. DH had SA and it was just below average (we were told it was nothing to worry about). I actually had an app in the Hari Unit in the Rotunda for May and we got our BFP in Feb :o)ll :o)ll There's no harm going for these tests if you're at all worried, i kept putting it off telling myself "it will happen next month" :wv
happymonkey Posts: 555
Got bfp on cycle 12 (m/c) and 2 months later (cycle 14) got bfp again (current pregnancy). Like another poster said, if i knew it would/could happen I would have been much more relaxed about it during those anxious months. Thing is, after the m/c i knew we could conceive so I was more chilled and, thankfully, it happened again shortly after. I'd be a believer in trying accupuncture and/or reflexology etc... as well as going for tests. Good luck and :babydust: to you.
Littlepud Posts: 945
it was cycle 15 in nov/dec when we got our bfp but i'd been off the depo 6 months before we began ttc. i really blame that for our delay. anyone i know either on here or elsewhere have all said the same about depo. i'd never use it again unless i was 100% sure we weren't going to try for anymore. anyway, we're both healthy and got our bfp naturally. i was actually going to go for tests after christmas but christmas came early. i really hope you're not waiting too much longer for your bfp. lots and lots of babydust to you and your dh :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
[quote="littlepud":3e0nvdfy]it was cycle 15 in nov/dec when we got our bfp but i'd been off the depo 6 months before we began ttc. i really blame that for our delay. anyone i know either on here or elsewhere have all said the same about depo. i'd never use it again unless i was 100% sure we weren't going to try for anymore. anyway, we're both healthy and got our bfp naturally. i was actually going to go for tests after christmas but christmas came early. i really hope you're not waiting too much longer for your bfp. lots and lots of babydust to you and your dh :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:[/quote:3e0nvdfy] I blame the depo too. I think I was almost a year off it before my body was really ready for ttc (I was getting AFs but doc thought I may not have been ov). I got really sick about 7 months coming off it with bad nausea, cramps, AF had disappeared etc. Doc thought I was pg but I wasn't. When I told her I had come off the depo she said it was my body reacting to it leaving my system and getting ready to ov (although no tests were done). AF was missing for 11 weeks and it seems it may have been only then that I was ready to be able to get pg. It was 18months from coming off the depo til I got my bfp but not sure how many of those months I was ov. I will not go back on it either >:o( >:o( >:o(