any of you ladies get bfps naturally after 11 months ttc? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bourneidentity Posts: 265
Thanks Girls for all the replies. I wasn't using depo but rather Yasmin and I've been of it for 14 months now but we didn't get to try for the full 14 months for various reasons. I'm currently on my 2 ww (7 dpo) and I just have a feeling that we were unsuccessful again. Did you all just know immediately that you'd struck gold that month?
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
[quote="Bourneidentity":337tg9qz]Thanks Girls for all the replies. I wasn't using depo but rather Yasmin and I've been of it for 14 months now but we didn't get to try for the full 14 months for various reasons. I'm currently on my 2 ww (7 dpo) and I just have a feeling that we were unsuccessful again. Did you all just know immediately that you'd struck gold that month?[/quote:337tg9qz] Nope I had been convinced the month before I actually got my bfp that I was, I just felt different so was devastated when I got bfn (only time I ever tested early) and then AF arrived. I honestly gave up hope and the next month I was away with work for a few days and then I was sick with a kidney infection. AF was 5 days late before I did a test. I only tested cause it was New Year's Eve and I didn't want to feel guilty thinking "what if" if I was drinking. I was so shocked when 2 lines came up. It was the one month I had thought we had no chance :wv Fingers crossed for you :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
[quote="Bourneidentity":9yuxur5j]Hi all, we're in month 11 now ttc and I'm gearing myself up for having all the tests done to find any issue preventing us from getting that elusive bfp. I'm wondering if any of you got a bfp after this point and knew nothing was wrong then?[/quote:9yuxur5j] me! :o)ll after really really long cycles, O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| had my LO in june last year, :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Thanks mammymcphee. I am lucky in that I have very regular cycles 30-32 days and lasting 3-4 days. I get positive OPK's confirmed ovulation from my temps when I chart and use them. I've stopped charting and using anything for the past while because it hasn't yielded any rewards and it was all I could think about when I was doing it. I've decided for my own sanity to stop and relax a bit more which I've managed to do in the past couple of months thankfully. I do believe it will happen for me some day.
jiminy cricket Posts: 56
Hi Bourneidentity, have you got the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility? It goes into a lot more than charting, explains lots about what might help conception. I learnt all about EWCM with it - hadn't realised the importance previously. CM ended up being my cue to try rather than temps. Also I learnt that lube was an absolute no-no. In the end we used Pre and I think that made a big difference on both fronts. While this is not to suggest that this is what will work for you, the book covers loads of information which might help - it's not all about charting. But another thing to think about is that the charting will be useful if in the end you do need to get a medical opinion as it will rule out some problems or highlight others. The book might even just help you feel a bit more informed if you do go down the medical route. The best of luck with it, hope it works out for you soon :babydust:
Thanks Missus C, I didn't get that book so I might check it out. I do monitor my CM though and it is quite consistent with when my temps said I was ovulating and the OPK's were positive. I don't know, maybe it's just not been our time and everything is perfectly fine with both of us physically. AF is due on Saturday so after that I'm going to give it it one more month and then it's investigation time. In one way it will be a relief just to understand if there's a problem but in another it's terrifying if we find out there is a major problem but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I had the weirdest dream last night that I was feeding a baby and winding it. I think it's because of watching eastenders last night though :yelrotflmaosmilie:
I made an appointment to have my bloods checked next week since I believe my AF will start on Saturday so Tuesday should be close enough to day 3. At least that will be the start of it then.