Any ony wearing a slinky dress?Advise please

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SummerBride82 Posts: 323
Hi girls! any one wearing or have worn a slinky wedding dress. While I LOVE the traditional boob tube dress with big skirt, they do nothing for me.I am only 5foot 4 and quiet slim so Im lost in them. I tired on an AMAZING dress on monday that is ivory silk with a gold band below the hip with swarkosvki(sp?) flowers on it. It has a cowel neck with a deep V at the back and the same swarkosvki flowers on the gold bank.I would wear a chapel length sparkly veil with it and have the shoes already and they are ivory with swarkosvki also.. just wondering do ye think it sounds nice? .... and if anyone else has gone the road of something a bit different. Its extremely elegant and I felt like a movie star more than a princess in it. Thanks for reading SB82 X
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
:wv Thank God, I thought I was the only one with something different! Your dress sounds fab!! My dress is different aswell. Im almost 5'10" and slim and although I love the typical princess style wedding dresses, they did nothing for me either! My dress is figure hugging and kind of grecian looking with a lot of crystals going from under the bust to around the back of the dress and it has crystals just above the hip aswell. When I tried it on, my mam said I looked like I was going to the Oscars as it's so different to the usual ball gown wedding dresses. :o0 I'll be wearing a sparkly chapel length veil with mine aswell. I didn't think a veil would suit my dress style but it really finished the look off iykwim. If it makes you feel like a million dollars and Im sure it makes you look fab, go for it!
sonopotere Posts: 1124
Yup same here! always imagined myself in a princess style dress or A line skirt, but made me look like an elephant so getting a straight down dress, has the crystal waist band and a deep v neck too, halterneck. wonder is it the same one? but mine has silver crystals not gold!
BigDay08 Posts: 514
Wear what suits you, the dress should make you feel beautiful. You may come across some traditionalists who don't think your dress is appropriate but you know it's your wedding and the earlier on in the planning you realise that the better! You'll never please everyone (O:|) so please yourself and H2B! BTW the look you describe sounds gorgeous, i'm picturing red carpet at the Oscars! Fabulous. You'll have to show us a pic sometime. :wv
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
My dress is very fitted (almost be described as a mermaid style)
MayMay69 Posts: 234
im 5 3 and a size 8 - i thought id be going for a "slinky" style dress but when i tried them all one the one that had a bit of "oomph" is the one that had my mam and sis all teary....so just go with whatever gives you that feeling mine is very fitted on top and at the waist and then it has the big skirt part
Girls, thank you SOOO much.I think it defo has the WOW factor in an understated way. If I had a pic I'd put it up .I know that nobody will expect it so that will make it more daring! have ye any pics of your dresses? *)
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
I've PM'D you my dress there!!
[quote="BigDay08":r1rgfks3] BTW the look you describe sounds gorgeous, i'm picturing red carpet at the Oscars! Fabulous. You'll have to show us a pic sometime. :wv[/quote:r1rgfks3] Thanks for that comment. :xxx .. its just the look im going for. Have you any pics from your bid day or is is yet to come? *)
[quote="BigDay08":965ib58b] BTW the look you describe sounds gorgeous, i'm picturing red carpet at the Oscars! Fabulous. You'll have to show us a pic sometime. :wv[/quote:965ib58b] Thanks for that comment. :xxx .. its just the look im going for. Have you any pics from your big day or is is yet to come? *)