Menu

Any other non super mums??? Bit of rant - sorry!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
HI, Feeling a bit sorry for myself of late. I know I'm not the only one in this position, but I'm finding it so hard to cope!!! :o( I work full-time, busy office, stressful job, just got promotion. I'm mam to DS who is 8 in a few weeks. I'm pregnant, I'm also classed (I think) as a newly wed still. I hardly spend any time with DS or DH. The house is FILTHY, I mean its full of clutter, and its dirty - its all I can do to keep up with the washing! I feel like a failure! How do women do this day in day out? Going part time is not an option - massive mortgage! When I come home in evening, I have to take DS to matches, or whatever other activities he is invloved in. By time we get home, have something to eat, I just want to flop down - hence the house being a kip! And love life practically non existant! >:o( I have 2 weeks off week after next - and I can't wait! I really need the break, not going away, just need to catch up on housework, and my life in general! Is everyone else a supermum, or do you just wander through life, making the best of things. Do you all have sparkling houses? If so HOW do you manage???
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
This will make you feel better and all entirely true. I work from home for the majority of the day, despite the fact that it is a full time job, I have a hell of a lot of free time. And yet, my house looks like a crack house. Currently on the floor in my living room or just even on the couch is... 1 pair of flip flops 1 pair of jelly shoes Hairbrush Empty bottle of water Work files Bangle Cuticle Oil Feadog 1 sock 1 plate 2 glasses Nail file Independent directory My Blackberry McDonalds Serviette Just found other sock Sweater Also, I haven't washed any clothes in a week, due to the rain. In fact I have a white wash on the line for the last week. Today for my daughter's lunch, I had to make scrambled eggs on toast, with no milk in the eggs, (cos there was none) and had to grate a cheese string onto the top of it (no cheese). You're not alone :wv
sinion Posts: 6050
We have no kids and our house is still a tip. We are so screwed.
Hepburn Posts: 4081
Desert-moon go easy on yourself. Our house just about ticks over most of the time. Only when we are tripping over stuff so often that it's a health hazard a major clean up happens. Put it this way...thank God my mother in law lives so far away that we would always have a days notice before she arrives, coz I would need at least that to get the place in order. I work from home by the way. It's much more important that you are at your sons activities etc.... Give yourself a pat on the back for doing as much as you do!
brideeee Posts: 1490
Hi ya, I'm pg with hour first. I've done feck all cleaning since well before the wedding, I've decided there are more important things in life and I don't even have another child to look after. Don't sweat it, the most important thing you should make time for is talking/spending time with you child/husband IMO. Supermom's have cleaners and nannies to help out!! xx brideeee
Bubski Posts: 1785
I dont have any kids but I can only imagine what it is like to work full tme and then come home to clean a house, I find it really hard after work to do anything apart from make the dinner, The only time my house gets cleaned is at the weekend. Dont compare your self to others, as another poster said they probably have nannies or a cleaner that comes in. Take it easy & mind yourself, can you get your hubbie to take care of some of the chores, it shouldnt be all left to you. Congrats on your pregnancy :o)ll
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Agree with all the others, don't beat yourself up about it. Could you afford to get a cleaner in for a couple of hours a week? One of my sisters who has three kids and works full time has one, as does another who has no kids - they both just think that life is too short to be stressing about a clean bathroom!! I fully intend getting someone for a couple of hours when I go back to work after having (God Willing) baby number one early next year. I think its 20 or 30 quid a week well spent. As the others said, its far more important that you spend this time with your son.
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Hi dessert-moon, I just want to say that I think you are doing a great job. Noone could keep on top of all that and the fact that you are thinking in terms of using your holidays, where ideally you should be relaxing, to catch up on house work shows how conscientious you are. Well done you. There is no such thing as a super-mum, but if there were you would be a contender. x sg
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I have no kids and I'm at home all day but I work such long hours (self-employed) that I'm wrecked at the end of each day. Weekends are spent working, sleeping or running around doing DIY for the house, which is still v. unfinished after more than 2 years or doing stuff for the baby. The house is so dirty I just have to stop myself looking at it - I couldn't tell you when we last cleaned the oven or shower. There are dust balls blowing like tumbleweeds under our bed. Our skirting boards all have a nice thick layer of dust of them. There's a big cobweb behind the toilet in the ensuite bathroom that has been there for about a month. I think we've cleaned the inside of the windows maybe five times...ever!!! We just don't have the time or energy to do this stuff because of our jobs. So I'm terrified of what the place will be like when we have a baby to look after too. Someone I know recently advised us to get a cleaner because it "saved her marriage"!!! I think about 30 euros a week is what it costs - I posted a question about this last night on House and Home. I'm not sure where we'll get the extra 120 a month but I think it would be well worth a couple less meals or nights out to have a nice clean house! Someone else recommended a website called Fly Lady (fly - finally love yourself!) for tips on keeping your house clean but at this stage I really think we'll have to get someone else in.
Moet for me Posts: 1841
About 2 weeks after dd was born a flier for a cleaner came through the door of my house and I hired her that was 2 years ago now and it was the best thing I ever did. One weekly clean is enough to keep the house ticking over and then I have to just do the day to day stuff cooking, cleaning up after and laundry. We pay our cleaner €35 per week and she get ironing done as well we'd be lost without her.