[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /u0/webroot/virtual/clients/client9/web72/web/lib/classes/supplier.php on line 944: Division by zero
Any other Rathsallagh brides out there??
Menu

Go to All Things Wedding

KatieJuly09
New Wolly

Postby KatieJuly09 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:33 pm

Hi. Fairly new to the board here so, HELLO!!
:-8
Just wondering if there are any other Rathsallgh brides out there?? We've booked our reception there for next July. I've heard great things about the place but all of the recent posts re. Rathsallgh appear to have disappeared from the forum.

Anyone got any recent feedback?? Or anyone else having there reception there soon.

Would love to know how the plans are going

Many thanks :wv

scotswedding
Woloholic

Postby scotswedding » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:40 pm

Not a Rathsallagh bride but am a bit obsessed with the place. It's just gorgeous so am very jealous! Haven't been in a while but all the recent reviews on tripadvisor are as brilliant as ever (including some referencing weddings) so you have nothing to worry about!

bookworm1
New Wolly

Hi

Postby bookworm1 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi there,
I'm a Rathsallagh bride to be as well, having my ceremony and reception there next July, the 2nd:) Can't wait and am so looking forward to it. Sorry don't have any wedding experience of it but my fiance and myself did stay there for the night and have dinner and the food was devine. The staff seem lovely and I'm sure we're going to have a lovely experience having our weddings there.

What date are you having yours?

tizzy
Mini Wolly

Postby tizzy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:00 pm

hi fellow rathsallagh brides :wv our wedding is in march 09

- civil ceremony on the premises too... when we saw the place we fell in love with it ...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Confused mama 2 b
New Wolly

Postby Confused mama 2 b » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:46 pm

Me too!!
So excited, as I think I have posted previously, it was my boyfriend that chose Rathsallagh..................he has been at a couple of weddings there and loves it!!
Have been for dinner there but resisted the urge to stay there as want the first time to b the night of the wedding
Have heard nothing but rave reviews
Out of curiousity can I ask what bands you girls have gone with?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

bookworm1
New Wolly

Postby bookworm1 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:41 pm

It's good to see there are a few of us:) I only booked our band during the week, was finding it tough as they all seem good but in the end we went for Off the Record. They're a 3 piece so I think they'll fit into the room nicely. We're meeting the photographer this weekend so if we like him we'll go with him. Finally feels like I'm getting a bit organised...

Star DJs
KatieJuly09
New Wolly

Postby KatieJuly09 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:52 am

Oh its good to hear that there are a few Rathsallagh brides out there!! And everyone I speak to says fantastic things about the place.

We've just booked our band this week. They're called Pink Champagne. Went to see them and they had the floor full, so fingers crossed.

Has anyone looked in the the trad music idea for after the band rather than a DJ?? I'm thinking for a venue like Rathsallgh it could be a good option?? Any opinions??

And how are we all fixed for filling the 29 bedrooms. Now that has me a little worried.

OH, I getting excited and its still 9 months away! I think I deserve a treat of stay in Rathsallgh now with all of this planning!! :o0 :o0

bookworm1
New Wolly

Postby bookworm1 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:24 am

Yeah the bedroom thing has me a little worried as well but I'm optimistically thinking that if i'm inviting 110 people, theres probably at least 35-40 couples in that so surely 29 couples will want to stay. Simple thinking I know but sure that's the only way to approach it ( I think)..

09bridetobe
Mini Wolly

Postby 09bridetobe » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi girls :wv
I'm getting married there next June.
I'm a little worried about the rooms too but as its not local to where our guests are from they'll have to stay somewhere. I just hope the room rates don't put people off! I have paid €320 to stay for a wedding before so I don't think €250 is too bad for what you are getting but it has raised a few eyebrows when mentioned!!!
Other than the booking I haven't had much to do with them as yet. Has anyone seen the room done up for a wedding?

mrsblacky
Mini Wolly

Postby mrsblacky » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:24 pm

My friend got married in Rathsallagh a couple of years ago, and it was fantastic!

Quite a few of us stayed in the hotel as it was just that little bit too far from home to be getting taxis and when we heard the prices of the rooms we were a little put-off, but after staying there, please tell your guests that they’re not to let the prices put them off. The rooms are spectacular and if you ask me, they were so worth it. We were all running between all the different rooms the next morning (by the way, breakfast is amazing!) to see what they were all like and seriously each room was better than the last! They all have their own personal quirkyness which makes them extra special!!

With regards to the wedding reception, it was a lovely sunny day that my friend got married and we were all brought out on the lawns before the meal and it was stunning!

There were tables dotted around the lawn, some with umbrellas if you wanted to sit in the shade (all the aunts appreciated this!), and the staff were always there just as you finished your drink with another (my friend had an open bar before the meal)!

After the drinks on the lawn, we went in for dinner, and it was perfect! Then after dinner, we all made our way out onto the patio that overlooks the golf course (again, a very pretty setting), and then the dancing started!

It was just a fantastic day all round, so you’ll have a ball!

Next

Go to All Things Wedding