any recommedations on a pregnancy book

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

beeny Posts: 38
Hi all anyone got any recommendations on a good pregnancy book? Ive heard that "what to expect when you're expecting" can be very frightening so maybe something informative but lighthearted? not asking for much i know! :-8
rosiemama Posts: 3363
i got your pregnancy bible and found it to be brilliant, covers everything from conception to bringing baby home and has really good sections on the different stages of development for baby and for you.
crazylady10 Posts: 539
I have the Pregnancy and Childbirth book. It takes you week by week and is really informative. Nothing scary in it at all. I do take it out every week to have a look at whats going on! Its really interesting. Every DH takes a look every week when he thinks im not looking!!! :hic
aurora Posts: 1629
I like 'Your Pregnancy Bible' too - very informative and good pics.
Mammy rigomad Posts: 958
My Aunt gave me "The Best Friends Guide To Pregnancy"!I found it brillant!Its basically everything you ever wanted to know but wouldnt ask the doctor!The Author has feedback and stories from all her friends and its a great read!
justwed09 Posts: 2349
i have what to expect when your expecting and like it, dont think its scary at all, if i get a niggle of pain or something i look it up and it has most of the answers so i find it good. i also got gina ford contented little babys first year the other day and its brilliant. shows you how to establish a feeding routine, sleeping routine from day 1 etc.
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
i second your pregnancy bible [url:37pp19xn]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Pregnancy-Bible-Experts-Parenthood/dp/1904760643/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266572143&sr=1-1[/url:37pp19xn] I have a few books and this by far is the best.
beeny Posts: 38
thanks ladies!
HappyMum2010 Posts: 431
i liked "your Pregnancy" think that's what it's called- its by Netmums and I found it very unscary! Also read the better birth book by tracey donegan and got a lot from it! :thnk