Any Recommendations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

june2007bride Posts: 442
We are flying from Shannon on our honeymoon getting married on the friday and flying out on the tuesday so we are thinking of maybe heading off on the sunday & staying 2 nights somewhere in or near shannon not to be to far away from airport any suggestions for accommodation ?? thanks girls
clucky Posts: 26471
i believe the radisson in limerick is lovely
pluto Posts: 3893
Dromoland Castle!!!!! Or Bunratty??
Hepburn Posts: 4081
I have heard great things about this hotel: http://www.castletroy-park.ie/welcome.html
thanks a mill girlies must have a look at them anyone else with any other recommendations are very welcome thanks so much
trance Posts: 3129
Dromoland Dromoland Dromoland!!! It's your honeymoon!! The Rad is Limerick is nice, don't book Castletroy I just booked a big work conference there, it's fine but it's a work conference place, Dromoland is fabulous, romantic, atmospheric, you have to get dressed up for dinner, start your honeymoon in style!
bingowings Posts: 1388
Other places to consider would be maybe Lahinch (40 mins from Shannon) as its a good spot to tour the burren, cliffs of moher etc. The town is fun and lively at night. You could stay in Vaughans Lodge (boutique style) or The Atlantic (Olde Worlde charm). Or maybe Ennis (20 mins from Shannon) and explore the area. There are some nice hotels in the middle of town - The Temple Gate (newish hotel) or The Old Ground (Olds Worlde).
Just looking at the radisson sas & that looks fab thanks girls for all ur suggestions
curliwurli Posts: 3369
i've stayed at the radisson and it's grand and everything but i think you should spoil yourselves and stay at dromoland, haven't been lucky enough to stay there but my mum has twice and she just loves it
I know what u mean, Ive priced it and its just over 1000 for 2 nights which at the mo between money for wedding & honeymoon we wouldnt have for 2 nights accommodation.