Any Regrets so far.....?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Genegirl Posts: 2110
So thought i would start a thread to help other wollies out and maybe not have the same regret. Is there anything you regret paying for/booking etc...? One for me is letting my mum pay so much for her outfit - it's gorgeous on her and she will feel fab but was expensive; I have also have a tiny regret that we didnt take off somewhere to get married. I am quite a stressie person and the planning gets me some time.
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
almost wish that we had eloped & had a chilled out party when coming home. Family doing my head in at the moment O:|
luckyladee Posts: 2550
Only regret so far was asking BMs too quickly, ending up with a bad plan and having to ask one girl to step down - some of you will remember me asking for advice at the time. All seems well on the surface since but I know that a bit deeper - it has affected our friendship.
Decisions11 Posts: 1246
[quote="Louise1981":3b5c7cib]almost wish that we had eloped & had a chilled out party when coming home. Family doing my head in at the moment O:|[/quote:3b5c7cib] + 1 - Hadn't rushed into booking my 1st photographer, found a better one and lost our e250 deposit - Also bought my dress early, and noticed the shop is now doing 10% off - they won't do it for my dress :o( - Booking honeymoon too early, people seem to have gotten much better deals - Choosing FSIL as BM (she has turned into a bridemaidzilla - told me her hairstyle & doesn't like any of the shoes we pick)
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I honestly don't regret a thing as yet....unless you can count the regret of not saving money over the last few years.....oh well!!!!!
im waiting Posts: 2727
Oh yes, I have a few!..... I regret booking a photographer that I wasn't recommended. I don't know anyone that has used him. I regret paying so much for my dress but it's gorgeous! Wish I got it fro US though (alot cheaper) I regret booking the honeymoon that we did as I would have loved to book half the duration to somewhere for me and himself and then the other half to go somewhere with the kids like Euro Disney! I wish we booked a hotel closer to home as everyone has to pay for B&Bs and Hotels, but thankfully they don't seem to mind as most of the guests are staying an extra night to make a weekend of it!
h2br Posts: 129
My only regret is having 3 bridesmaids, I would defo recommend only 2 (and both based in ireland!) My FSIL has no interest whatsoever, never replies to emails or texts and was a nightmare about getting measured. She lives in states so only way I could order her dress was with her measurements. Plus 3 bridesmaids cost so much more - 3 dresses, 3 shoes, 3 hair & make up etc etc
MrsBump Posts: 869
oooh good thread!! 1st, regret getting married away or in secret here also regret buying my dress online and too small as now I dont have a dress that fits and cant sell that one yet so am down money and shoud've only asked 2 bmaids, went up to 5 at one stage and am now back down to 3 or a maybe 4th, grrrrrr!!! thats it for now so far
coco11 Posts: 309
Also my biggest regret is asking BMs too early, Have four and would love to have only two... Very difficult to get them to agree on anything!! Another would be that from the start I wouldnt say too much about the plans!! If you give too much away you get back too many opinions, and people turn you off things that you may have otherwise liked!! O:| O:| O:|
Genegirl Posts: 2110
Goodness girls, there really is a pattern here! I feel similar about booking the photographer too early but then i go to his website again and read reviews and it reminds me why i actually did book him.