Any successful pregnancies with uterine polyp?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
Hey ladies, We were ttc for nearly 2 years and on my 2nd cycle of clomid this month when i got a +hpt last week. Obviously we are thrilled to bits, but have a niggly fear now. You see,on my day12 scan of clomid cycle this month, i was told i had a 14mm polyp in my womb which would affect implantation, and the nurse gave me little hope of conceiving this month. So,u can imagine my suprise at my +hpt last week! I was meant to get it removed at my scheduled lap&dye on Sept 5th next. Now, I'm worried that the polyp will affect my pregnancy and read yesterday online (damn google for freaking me out) that I have a higher risk of m/c because of it. I know that it's natural to be worried and praying that everything till go ok from the moment you realise you're pregnant, but now i have this extra niggly fear at the back of my head. Does anyone know of any successful pregnancies with a uterine polyp? Accoring to some sites tha I read,a lot of women with uterine polyps aren't even aware they have them and go on to have successful pregnancies, but on other sites, they gave a very negative outlook. :o( I'm due to go for a 6 week and 8 week scan in the fertility clinic i'm attending, and will ask then, but until next (week when i go for my 6 week scan) has anyone any positive stories for me?? pleeease!?!?!? Thanks for reading. xx
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
Didn't want to read and not respond Jessgal. Afraid I've no advice - but just wanted to say congratulations. I hope everything works out for you :o)ll :o)ll
jewellb Posts: 2389
jess-gal my cousin has a fibroid in her womb and only found out she had this when she got pregnant on her first it grew a bit during pregnancy but she had a brilliant pregnancy, the fibroid is lying inside the other side of her cervix in her womb if that makes any sense i think its called the neck of the womb, she had to have a section, she is now pregnant again and they didnt remove the fibriod when she had the section, she thought they might, im not sure if a fibroid is the same as a polyp, but just though id fill you in on that bit of info!! :lvs
Emme Posts: 4735
Hey, I had a gush of bright red blood on Christmas Day when I was about 8 weeks pregnant with DS...it stopped immediately and given the day that was in it I didn't do anything about it (can't understand it now!). Anyway, then the following January I slipped and fell on some ice and started to bleed again, went straight to Gynae that morning and it was a polyp making all the trouble and he removed it there and then. He said he'd sort the rest of them out when I had DS but at my six week check up they were gone and I was given the all clear. My gynae wasn't a 'sit and chat about the weather' kind of man so I don't have any information other than that but aside from the odd bleed here and there and the fact that we were advised not to DTD I went through pregnancy no bother...he never made a big deal of it so I never worried! Google would freak you out, don't mind it. I had no heartbeat at 6w 4d came home and googled it and I swear if it wasn't for WOL I would have flung myself off a cliff...or into a tub of icecream. It was doom doom doom and the girls on here told me the difference a week would make and low and behold, a week later big fluttery heartbeat!
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
Congratulations and hope all goes well for you. My friend had polyps on her first little boy and she bled alot during the pregnancy but he was fine at birth. she did have a m/c prior to that pregnancy but don't know if they were the cause. She went on to have two further successful pregnancies and has three healthy children now. Just take it easy and best of luck.
Girls, thanks a million for all the replies. Its great to have such support and news of positive stories. I'm going to forget about what i read (as much as i can! :-8 ) and have a positive outlook. I'll wait and see what they say at my 6 week scan next week, before i worry about it anymore. (Dh keeps telling me that there's no point in worrying, as the outcome will be the same whether i worry or not! and he's right, i know!) Anyway,thanks again, Jess. xxx
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
Your DH is right! Listen to the wise man :o0 Hope all goes well at the scan and in the meantime enjoy being pregnant :o)ll
Emme Posts: 4735
And I found that I didn't dread the toilet as much because I knew if there was blood it was only the polyp....so look on the bright side of having a little friend called polypy!
vicki001 Posts: 11
Hi,im just curious to how your pregnancy is developing, am currently in same position at this moment. Many thanx. *)
Replied to you on your other thread Vicki! x