Any suggestions for a babymoon break?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

prunella09 Posts: 395
Ladies I'm 16 weeks and all of my friends are recommending that we try to get a week away somewhere just the two of us in the 2nd trimester. I love the idea and we were toying with Santorini for a week but its impossibly hard to fly to directly in Oct. We are figuring it will be our last holiday that doesn't involve playgrounds for a while. Anyone have holidays plans before the bump arrives or any suggestions for an indulgent week somewhere warm in Europe in Oct? Pru
Baby4Us Posts: 351
We were planning a long weekend in Paris but DH won't now with swine flu warnings :o( We might go somewhere posh in Ireland instead, i'd love a break away :lvs
jen09 Posts: 1390
We did a city break in London the start of 2nd trimester & start of 3rd trimester we rented a villa in Lanzarote for 10days, twas great
Ceana Posts: 1387
South of France - you got the weather, beaches etc., so def recommend that. Nice is lovely part. Best of luck with the decision.
mrs ants Posts: 813
We are off to Dubrovnik mid September for a week as I have a heap of airmiles to use up and the flight is only 2.5 hours from the UK :o)ll :o)ll
medea49 Posts: 324
Going to Amsterdam in a posh hotel for the October bank holiday weekend-- will be 31 weeks pregnant so I hope I'm up for it!! If not we'll cancel, but I'm really looking forward to it... :xox
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
We are supposed to be going to Malta for the first week of December but haven't booked flights yet as I am unsure how I will feel at that stage. Also can't decide if it's worth going as all my favourite parts of the hotel will be out of bounds - namely the sushi restaurant, the endless cocktails and the spa (jacuzzi, sauna, hydro massage, etc)
AHappyMrs Posts: 622
Going to Spain for 10 days in ten days time :o)ll :o)ll Was concerned about swine flu, but at this rate im as likely to get it here as there!... so really looking forward to it
lisa Posts: 1612
We did Madeira at 24 weeks and it was perfect. There is no real pub scene so its really chilled out. We just spent the week going for walks, lazing in the sun, long relaxing dinners. I was so relaxed when I got home. For once it was lovely not to come home from hols all hungover.