any suggestions on a nice little gift

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammymcphee Posts: 4477
hi ladies, My niece(and godchild) is the big 13 tomorrow (i feel so old) anyhows, she wanted money in a card instead of a pressie, so ive done that for her, and ive gotten her a little something from my LO as she idolizes her and vice versa. i wanted to do something extra for her tomorrow, like bring her for a bit of food or something after school, but she has ditched me to go to the cinema with her friends :weep :o0 :o0 any ideas, of what i cud do instead or get her? i brought her to get a manicure for her confirmation last may, so that idea wouldnt be a good one :hic
Jawl Posts: 8881
The manicure sounds perfect, or maybe you could go out to eat with her another day? stretch out the birthday.
Twirl Posts: 5598
Aww that is just so lovely of you. Im trying to remember back to that age :o0 and what would i have wanted..... maybe a hair dresser appt? A pedicure? A little young for a leg wax??? I dont think i was that young getting them..... how about a facial?
paperclips Posts: 3146
Is she allowed wear make-up?? Maybe get her a make up lesson. I know I would have needed that when i was 13 :o0
Twirl Posts: 5598
[quote="mrsom":3avhr8op]Is she allowed wear make-up?? Maybe get her a make up lesson. I know I would have needed that when i was 13 :o0[/quote:3avhr8op] haha me too :o0
Rogue User Posts: 6101
Maybe some credit for her mobile?
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Wow I wish I had an aunt/godmother like you!
satc09 Posts: 178
top up her mobile
nelswife Posts: 3869
Why not take her out for the day / afternoon on sat instead and do what you were going to do if you collected her from school on Fri? You could maybe collect her from her house and bring her out for a nice lunch...bring her back to your house to watch some DVD's then drop her home later that night Or after lunch bring her out shopping for something small, a little keepsake of the afternoon you spend together or bring her to the cinema again..maybe to see that Justin Bieber film?...
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
hi girls thanks a mill for all those suggestions :xxx shes a great kid and really deserves to be spoilt rotten, she went through so much when my sis and her hubby split up, and she never gives any trouble! O:o) she was soo good when i was expecting my LO, giving me foot massages and hand massages etc, and stayed over a lot during her hols to help clean the house etc for me , My little O:o) in disguise, so i think she really deserves to be spoilt. we have decided to take our little one swimming for the 1st time on sat, so we are gonna bring my niece with us, and then take her for dinner sat evening, and get some dvds and crap food for after that then. shes thrilled as she loves our LO sooooooo much . i dont know what id do without her :thnk :thnk