Any Talbot carlow brides out there?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lilly10 Posts: 133
We have this hotel booked but I have heard very little feedback about it! just wondering are there any past or present talbot brides on here? I am happy with the venue & the staff seem to be great - im just starting to panic & when i see all the other hotels mentioned I freak out cause mine isn't being mentioned! Sorry girls, im at the 3 month mark & panic is starting to settle in!
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
We had our wedding there 3 weeks ago! They did an amazing job, nothing was too much trouble. The room looked great, and the food was amazing. Got so many compliments on it all! The staff were so lovely and helpful. I wouldn't be one bit worried about it. Even the most fussiest of my guests (and i had quite a few!) said it was the nicest food they'd ever had at a wedding. Big portions and they came around with seconds of veg and meat. And everyone was saying how comfortable and big the rooms were. Everything went perfectly on the day, and all the managers were so professional, I didn't have to worry about one things all day. Only problem is its over and I never get to do it again!! Best of luck with your day, the run up the wedding is so stressful but its really worth it in the end. And the hotel is one thing you definitely don't need to worry about!
nicola16 Posts: 219
we had our wedding there the 22nd august last year and it was just brillant..all the guests were praising the staff and food - they said food was best they had ever got at a wedding...no need to have any fears with the hotel..our groomsman is getting married there on the 28th august. any more questions you want to ask, dont hesitate asking me...
Bluelagoon Posts: 650
Not getting married there but we stayed there as part of a hens and it was lovely. We had a sit down meal and as said above all the food was gorgeous. The bedrooms were lovely and all the staff were fantastic.
lilly10 Posts: 133
Thanks a million girls!:wv I am happy with the hotel but was just having a panic attack because I never hear it mentioned on here. Ahh the relief! Thanks again! Just wondering did any of you do anything different for the centre pices for the tables?
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
[quote="lilly10":1uzzwjar]Thanks a million girls!:wv I am happy with the hotel but was just having a panic attack because I never hear it mentioned on here. Ahh the relief! Thanks again! Just wondering did any of you do anything different for the centre pices for the tables?[/quote:1uzzwjar] I didn't do anything different with the centrepieces, thought they looked fine without anything else. but i did get royal blue rose petals to spread on all the tables. Think it needed a bit of colour just to lift it a bit. and it looked lovely on the day. so thats something i would def recommend. I got mine from who were really helpful, went out of their way to get them to me on time and they had a really wide range of colours to match your colour theme.