ANY TIP'S ON HOW TO GET OVER FEAR OF FLYING.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluse Posts: 980
Hi girls When me and h2b booked the wedding, we decided that new york and vegas would be a brill honeymoon,so to try get over my fear i took a short flight to england,but i had a bad panic attack and my heart wouldn't stop racing so much so i really started to get scared i was going to have a heart attack. My h2b was seating beside me and he was terrified for me, i have a cruise booked for my honeymoon but both of us can't seem to get excited about it as in our heart's we'd love to go to new york, people are saying cruise's are gorgeous and relaxing and maybe they are but i'd so much love to be able to get on a plane.
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Maybe go to a hypnotist?? Must be awful, I'd love to do a cruise myself some of them sound amazing!
007 Posts: 1462
was going to say the same thing as elliecat.. worth a try?? we've done the new york, vegas trip before and i have to say it was one of the best hols of my life... that said it did feel very long travel wise, i get a little travel sick and it did affect me..
willful Posts: 6822
There's breathing exercises you can do to stop panic attacks. Maybe if you tried them for a few weeks and then do them when you're flying it might help to relax you.
pluto Posts: 3893
My friend went to a hypnotist. She hadn't got on a plane in over 4 years, and was terrified at the thought. Anyway, this was recommended to her, she was a bit sceptical, but gave it a go. She's been on a good few holidays since, and is absolutely fine with flying. Try it out - you've nothing to lose!!
[quote="willful":3h4yvwvi]There's breathing exercises you can do to stop panic attacks. Maybe if you tried them for a few weeks and then do them when you're flying it might help to relax you.[/quote:3h4yvwvi]thank's i went for hypnotherphy but i don't think it worked as the fear seem's to be still there even when i imaging myself on a plane it send's a shiver down my spine,
[quote="soontobewed":3e8qdi37]My friend went to a hypnotist. She hadn't got on a plane in over 4 years, and was terrified at the thought. Anyway, this was recommended to her, she was a bit sceptical, but gave it a go. She's been on a good few holidays since, and is absolutely fine with flying. Try it out - you've nothing to lose!![/quote:3e8qdi37]have you got a contact number i think the person i went to was rubbish.
pluto Posts: 3893
[quote="dee d":257tuxfr][quote="soontobewed":257tuxfr]My friend went to a hypnotist. She hadn't got on a plane in over 4 years, and was terrified at the thought. Anyway, this was recommended to her, she was a bit sceptical, but gave it a go. She's been on a good few holidays since, and is absolutely fine with flying. Try it out - you've nothing to lose!![/quote:257tuxfr]have you got a contact number i think the person i went to was rubbish.[/quote:257tuxfr] This guy is in Cork - Paul something or other. will find out. Where are you based?
[quote="soontobewed":1l8ht6ei][quote="dee d":1l8ht6ei][quote="soontobewed":1l8ht6ei]My friend went to a hypnotist. She hadn't got on a plane in over 4 years, and was terrified at the thought. Anyway, this was recommended to her, she was a bit sceptical, but gave it a go. She's been on a good few holidays since, and is absolutely fine with flying. Try it out - you've nothing to lose!![/quote:1l8ht6ei]have you got a contact number i think the person i went to was rubbish.[/quote:1l8ht6ei] This guy is in Cork - Paul something or other. will find out. Where are you based?[/quote:1l8ht6ei]Im from Dublin but i'd be willing to travel, please don't say his name is paul mc kenna the famous hypnotherpist because i wouldn't have a chance in hell getting him.
bingowings Posts: 1388
Why not take a cruise to NY and leave out vegas? AFAIK, cruise go from Southhampton regularly, and you could drive/ferry it to there easily from Dublin