Any tips for Barcelona please :)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shannoncailin Posts: 1038
Any travel tips etc for Barcelona greatly appreciated. *)
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Go Enjoy yourself Keep your hand on your bag Go to the Sagrada Famiglia Think carefully before taking the stairs in the towers of the Sagrada Famiglia Go to Park Guell Walk around everywhere Eat late Splash out for dinner in Cinc Sentits Walk the Ramblas Go to the Barri Gothique Walk around some more Enjoy coffee/ice-cream/nibbles wherever takes your fancy Go to the Boqueria market Go to the sea-front Sit drinking sangria on a boat/bar/restaurant Eat some seafood Shop Just soak up the atmosphere.
Senorita Posts: 3413
Don't go to Attic restaurant. Do take the cable car trip. Go see the port area. Bring lots of spending money, coz the shops are lovely. Bring stretchy pants, coz the food is lovely (apart from above mentioned restaurants) :-8 :o0
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="TokenMale":spk4hcps]............... Keep your hand on your bag ................[/quote:spk4hcps] Cannot be emphasised enough. Wear your bag across your body (iykwim) and in a restaurant/bar, wrap the strap arounfd the leg of your chair, keep it zipped closed and keep an eye on it. Barcelonian pickpockets are amongst the craftiest in the world. Otherwise, you'll have a total blast.
tiggeriffic Posts: 547
you'll love it...great city, i'll second all of whats said already, do watch your bags make sure you bring a good pair of walking shoes. we've been twice and literally walked all the time we were there. If you're into football the Nou Camp is worth a visit, Sagrada Familia is fantastic, we went up the top, stairs were windy and narrow coming down but not too bad. we didnt get to do the cable cars but they're meant to be brill enjoy
bellabella Posts: 2750
The national Anthem, you must know it or you cannot go to Barcelona. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwwbXHNGsjU
cardsbykaren Posts: 119
[quote="TokenMale":14yomclu]Go Think carefully before taking the stairs in the towers of the Sagrada Famiglia [/quote:14yomclu] That is the best advice ever, I caused a traffic jam coming down, every bit of me welded to the wall coming down :-8 After that I'd second everything Token has said and even though I'm not into soccer at all I was really impressed with the Nou Camp! Enjoy