Any tips???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lauri Posts: 195
Hi girls im 33 weeks and have really bad lower back pain with two days even had to leave work early today :-8 I have done walking sitting pillows no pillows stretching with and with out gym ball and paracetamol and it just won't go away anything else I can do?????7 ;o(
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Have you tried a hot water bottle or heatpack?
lucyloo32 Posts: 957
maybe try a warm bath and get DH to massage the area
loulou1 Posts: 233
I'd second a warm bath, or a shower with the water as hot as you can take it on the area that is sore...... let us know how you get on with it, hopefully you'll get some relief....
adelz Posts: 3088
I have that, and nurse told me this morn its ligaments pulling and stretching, she recommended a heatpack or hot bath or hot shower on it. She asked if I walked or swam, I told her I walked and she told me Id prob have to cut back on it, as it will make ligaments worse :eek SO rest up!!!
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
Tens machine? Get well soon.
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
Hi Lauri, I'm in the same boat as you but the doc has me signed off work cos the pain was so bad. I found it was aggrivated by driving & sitting at my desk & since leaving work i'm much better. I do find that if i do any sort of manual work ie hoovering, washing floors etc then my back would be aching from it. I do use a heatpack which is great for temporary relief but the best thing is just plenty rest & minding yourself as much as possible as in no lifting etc. I know its not a quick fix but its the only thing that worked for me :wv
Tulip32 Posts: 124
Hi Lauri, I empathise fully with you. Am 24 weeks and my back is destroyed. Housework, walking, swimming all make it worse. I do find hot water bottles and baths give temporary relief but am looking for something more as I still have quite a way to go and I'm worried it will get worse. I'm seeing a physio tomorrow so will let you know how I get on. I believe building strength in your core muscles should help protect your back. Anyway will report back tomorrow to let you know of physio helps. In the meantime just rest as much as you can and keep up the hot water bottles.
Lauri Posts: 195
Hi girls, I just want to say thank you for all the tips and advice we'll I got the hot water botte out and took lots of hot showers!!! I couldn't take a bath as its not Plummed yet (think that job will be done before the weekend!! ;o) ) but yesterday I was doing exercises on the gym ball and something cracked the relief was amazing touch wood I've been ok since but think I need to be more careful.... Tulip32 just wondering how did physio go??? Girls thanks again for all your help :thnk
Tulip32 Posts: 124
Hey Lauri, that's great that you are feeling better. Maybe something was slightly out of place and the gym ball slipped in back in. Either way must be such a relief and I hope you don't have any more problems. Physio said my pelvis is slightly rotated/misaligned which is casing the imbalance in my back. She did some work to try to rotate it back and said to keep wearing my support belt and heat packs and to avoid any impact exercise and then I'm back with her next week. She said it may continue to niggle and that we'll have to keep an eye on it. Will take a day or two to adjust to new positioning and then I'll see if it's feeling better but I do think it's less stiff already. Fingers crossed!