Any wollies who did a self-build...?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
DH and I are talking about building some time in the near future, I'm just wondering if any Wollies have any advice on this? We have a site, I just don't know where to begin with researching what we would need. At the moment, we're looking at a 4-bed bungalow, don't think we want a dormer Thanks wollies!!! :wv
mrswifey09 Posts: 1300
We built our house 3 years ago and its a very long process!!! depends where your building..wicklow is a nightmare to deal with. but my dh is/was in property and always suggests the cork rural design guide...its what we went by and then drove around th area taking pics of houses to see what had recently gotten planning permission so we werent dissapointed if our planner/architect rejected our plans! also another tip once u do decide on plans get as many ppl to look at ur plans as poss as different ppl will spot obvious mistakes....dh's uncle noticed that our main bathroom upstairs was in th "centre" of th house which ment pipes had to go under the rooms or down through our kitchen table!!