Any1 ever used re-useable nappies?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chicam Posts: 1169
I've just been looking into these like the Bambino Mio ones ( for anyone who hasn't heard of them) which are trendy re-useable nappies that close with velcro & have their own flushable nappy liner. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever used them/heard of what they're like? I'm in the UK & my council offer a really good cashback scheme for using them plus they're good for the environment but I don't want to go for them if they're going to be useless. I know Pampers etc. are probably handier and I would probably use disposables in conjunction with the re-useables but just looking for some feedback...
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
If they have a disposable nappy liner then go for it! I minded a child that the parents insisted on using the terry nappies (nothing disposable about them) and they were just terrible due to everything being on the cloth and the rubber pants you had to put over them to save your blushes when an accident did occur.
Toots12 Posts: 894
hiya, there're a couple of good threads on other forums, with plenty of discussion on this topic. I'm definitely interested in trying them out, no idea at all yet which ones to go for, as there seems to be a lot to choose from! Also have a look on magicmum.com HTH!
chicam Posts: 1169
Thanks for that - yes I was on about ones with disposable liners, I would never consider going in for the old-fashioned terry cloth ones that end up soaked and stained!! The ones I'm looking at are Bambino Mio ones, they have an outer waterproof pant with an internal cloth liner (that you wash) and then a disposable liner that will keep in solids so you can flush them away. Apparently they're not good for newborn runny poo so I might just use disposables for a couple of weeks then switch to reuseables.
*coolaboola* Posts: 374
i second magicmum for advice on all sorts of reusabbles, i've learned so much just from browsing the forums! :o)ll
silíní Posts: 4219
Many of the companies also do nappuchinos, where a woman comes to your house and shows youall the different types, tehre are so many. I'm hoping to switch to these soon, wouldnt advise doing it when they are newborn cause you've too much to do already! I use eco disposables but find moltex the best, also the most expensive, from ecobaby.ie Bambo i find are rubbish , they leak something wicked. S