Any1 know a career advisor (a good one)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Clumsy28 Posts: 407
Girls I was wondering could ye help me. I need a career overhaul. I have a job and I’m very grateful but I want to get ready for next Celtic Tiger ! and I’m willing to go back to college (once DH finishes ) to get the career I want but unfortunately I don’t know wat that is. Do any of ye know any good career advisors I’d be willing to travel any where to get the right analysis done. Thanks
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Oh I second that, I need a career over-haul too. I've been doing basically the same type of jobs since I left school and it's so monotonous (sp) now. I need to stop the auld grey matter from shrinking on me because I'm just repeating myself 100's of times a day and the job is soooo boring :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: I know I can do so much better and I want to do something different that will actually intrest me. I LOVE organising and research kind of things, so maybe an Event Organising course, but I can't seem to find a night course for it - and then there's the money issue of it. I asked HR if I was able to do a course, we do a thing in here where if you find a course you're interesed in and it's relevant to your job, you pay and when you complete the course and have proof, they re-emburse you the money. I've said to my line manager what I want to do, but all I get is "it's not relevant to your current position"! O:| I've said the same thing to my manager during my review, he understands but comes out with the same B.S I've told him I can't do anymore courses for my job as I've done them all. They encourage you in here to expand your mind and do courses - but I can't!! O:| I've asked HR if I can do an aptitude test, but they only have one for Sales, for some reason!!
2b2bMrsC Posts: 118
Hi Karen in Career Vision, she is excellent, I can't recommend her highly enough. I did an inital assesement around career type taking into account hobbies etc and Karen gave me advice on possible courses She also helped me update my CV and we did a session on interview skills. I work in HR, great at giving others advice but really needed fresh eyes on my CV. She is based in the midlands but does travel - amazing!
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Oh 2b2bMrsC, you're a star, thanks a million!!! I'll get my *ss in gear and contact her hopefully today. WOO-HOO!! :o)ll :o)ll