Menu

anybody drive a Daihatsu Copen

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

yankiecandle Posts: 2888
looking for some feedback! think they are dead cute! 2004, 0.6 litre, 24,000 miles, japanise import. €8,950. thanks! [img:sg9q9035]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/NYEbride2010/SDC10696.jpg[/img:sg9q9035]
gottabfp Posts: 5641
honestly... a neighbour has one.. it makes me cringe everytime i pass it. but different strokes for different folks. if you love it go for it!
can i ask why you dont like it?
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
Have never seen one before myself but just looking at the picture I can say it wouldn't be for me! Even just reading the spec would be enough! 0.6litre? You'd walk faster than that! Definitely wouldn't be doing any overtaking! Although it's probably a good city car? I'd imagine small money for tax too!
watched a review on top gear & they love it! (was surprised, is ment to be a nippie wee car similar to a 1 litre yaris).
i dont know...its tiny... i like big cars, but honestly its just a personal opinion. words that come to mind when i see it...dinky and hairdryer :o0 :o0 but im almost 6 foot and broad.... if you have the look for it... i know ..steriotype!
dont think i fit the stereotype your thinking! im a designer i like the stylised look of it
did you view the car? if you love it go for it. im totally the wrong person to advise you against it as my taste is up my bum... id love a yellow fiat punto :o0 :o0
going to test dive it tomorrow!
MrsB...2b Posts: 9
I've just sold my copen and i cried for days over it! I had the newer model which is a 1.3 with no turbo. Personally, I found this nicer to drive than the 0.6 as i don't like driving turbos. As long as you don't need a practical car it's brilliant. I loved mine and was gutted to sell it but just had to get something more practical. You'll be shocked how much attention you get in it, particularly with the roof down. People always ask what it is and i can't count the number of times people have wound down their windows at traffic lights to ask me about it! PM me if you want to ask anything!