anybody whos been to vegas!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
sil wants us to book vegas for her hubbys 30th, she wants us to go for 4 days, do you think its very far to go for a long weekend?? i personally think it might be too far for 4 day trip :thnk
Excitedwife Posts: 1186
4 Days is plenty! Check out The Venetian, Palazzo and Wynn - fab :o)ll
jenny07 Posts: 345
Everyone was telling us that you don't need more than 2 days but after being there I think it's rubbish. We were there for 5 nights and there's still things I never got to do / see. We spent a day at Hoover Dam, another at the Grand Canyon, another shopping, a couple of shows and then lots of visiting other hotels and their different attractions. Go for it!
CrappityCrap Posts: 1468
It is a long way to go but so worth it! I think 5 nights would be ideal
dymo2 Posts: 787
Tbh i think that 4 days is crazys as the flight is long you are going to spend 1 day getting there one day getting home and olny 2 days there with an 8 hour time change.Personally i think that you need to either combine it with someplace eless or go for a week where you will have 5 days there.
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
4 days is fine if you dont mind flying all that way for it. You can do a lot in 4 day (take one day out to visit the grand canyon!!)
Daisy Day Posts: 376
If you have 4 full days there then you'll get loads of stuff in and well worth making the trip, but if you have 4 days including travelling then I think it's a bit mad. You lose 2 full days on either side - could you push it out to even 5 days including travelling maybe? Vegas is soooo brilliant so you and your hubby will have a blast!
islandlil Posts: 1059
[quote="Daisy Day":3hplr0ar]If you have 4 full days there then you'll get loads of stuff in and well worth making the trip, but if you have 4 days including travelling then I think it's a bit mad. You lose 2 full days on either side - could you push it out to even 5 days including travelling maybe? Vegas is soooo brilliant so you and your hubby will have a blast![/quote:3hplr0ar] what she said! O:o) it's great fun and if ye do book come back for tips on how to save money, best things to do etc
black pearl Posts: 3513
ooooh have been twice, once for 10days -waaaaaay too long, and once for five days while we got engaged! 5 days is grand, you will love it, have travelled all over the states and vegas is really the only place that is exactly like you expect it will be/think it will be. you lucky scut, enjoy!! am jealous xx
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
ok thanks for all the advice ladies :thnk have a weekend away booked for valentines gona cancel that and put the money towards vegas as were planning on going in october :o)ll :o)ll oh excited now :o)ll :o)ll